INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Web Manager launches multiple asi camera drivers

• Thank you received: 109
Greetings,

I am trying out the INDI web manager in place of indistarter, but having a problem when I use the web interface to start my INDI servers. I have two ASI cameras, one as the primary and one as the guider. Most of the time, but not all of the time, it starts two instances of indi-asi. I have to log in to the INDI local box and kill one of them for things to work correctly.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Jim.
6 years 7 months ago #18385

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Are you using the new INDI Web or old one? At any rate, right way to file issue for this is over at Github: github.com/knro/indiwebmanager
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim
6 years 7 months ago #18387

very well, to the githubs I go. Thanks @knro !
6 years 7 months ago #18393

• Thank you received: 24
In case it helps, make sure to only specify the ZWO CCD in one spot, such as the CCD.

There is no need to specify it as the guider. It can be selected as guider in the appropriate tab.
6 years 7 months ago #18394

I should have some time tonight (cloudy) to do some better testing and get some logs to open a ticket on Github. I am fairly confident that I have removed the guider from the config and it still starts two instances of the driver, but will double check. I updated to the newer version of INDI web, so will double check that I don't also have some of the first version laying around causing issues.
6 years 7 months ago #18406

Tonight I went in to the INDI machine on the scope and completely cleaned out the old INDIweb installation making sure to remove the startup scripts and systemd stuff. I then installed the new one to make sure I had only the new parts and re-created all of my profiles from scratch. In doing these steps, I seem to have removed the problem so there must have been something still laying around from the old one that was causing problems. I tried about 30 different combination of starting and stopping service from 2 remote machines. All good here. I am running it as my user, not root, and it is working great!

Jim
6 years 7 months ago #18409

• Thank you received: 24
Congrats.

It is really nice to run as USER now. The new INDI-web is working on the RPI3 tonight for me.

Cheers!
6 years 7 months ago #18410

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds