INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Exposure time failing while guiding in Ekos guide module.

• Thank you received: 0
Greetings....When i am guiding within the Ekos guide module,,no matter how many seconds i start the exposure count down at,,the exposure time countdown starts,,and then drops to 10 seconds and finishes counting down.Calibration finishes ok before hand.When i am not guiding,,this does not happen.Without guiding,,i can expose an image for 60 seconds without star streak.As an example,,while guiding within the Ekos guide module,,i would set the exposure time to 120 seconds.The countdown would start and when it reached 110 seconds it would drop to 10 seconds and finish counting down from there.Not sure whats happening.I have been experimenting with the info from this page(indilib.org/about/ekos/guide-module.html).I keep Kstars updated daily.I have attached logs from last night.Thanks for any info you may be able to provide.I will continue to explore this on my next clear night....Thank you....
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.
Kstars-Version 2.8.7.
Kstars Bleeding.
Telescope-Meade LX-90.
Imager-ASI1600MM-Cool.
Kernel-4.4.0-98-generic
Installed from mutlaqja/ppa
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Tim Cline.
6 years 4 months ago #21138
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I only see one camera being used? Is there another camera not showing in the logs??
6 years 4 months ago #21153

I only have the ASI1600MM-Cool attached....I was under the understanding that i could use the same camera to auto guide and image at the same time....Is this right?....Thanks for your response....
6 years 4 months ago #21167

No, you need a dedicated camera for guiding. This is true in all other programs as well. The guide camera takes exposures every 1-2 seconds, you cannot expose it for 60 seconds at the same time, it does not work. Only exception is some cameras which have a separate guide chip embedded in it that you can use for guiding purposes.
6 years 4 months ago #21168

Thank you....I did not understand this part i think....I have a dsi2 i can use to auto guide from and i will try this the next time out....Thank you....
6 years 4 months ago #21169

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds