INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver updates, why the frequency?

• Thank you received: 32
Just out of pure interest and because some drivers have been behaving badly recently, why are the Indi drivers actually updated so often? I understand this to be the case for Ekos and Kstars, but most drivers like eqmod, lodestar, etc. have been working fine for a long time so would it not be wise to have a sort of stable driver package just sitting there for people to use instead of even the stable and nightly builts? Just curious.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24122

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The current PPA is now the stable PPA. There is another nightly PPA. This is not sufficient?
6 years 2 weeks ago #24124

Well I wonder indeed. As for instance my setup was running great 6 months ago and now isn't. Granted, I should've simply made a backup of my SD-card. But it would be nice if there was a much longer stable version maybe, you can kind of get an idea at which time most people don't report a driver problem to make that the looong stable version. :) It's just something that came up as when I update the builts, all drivers are also updated very regularly and was wondering why.
6 years 2 weeks ago #24125

Long term plan is to have everything released as SNAP packages so you can pick and choose whatever version best works for you, but it's still work-in-progress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
6 years 2 weeks ago #24126

Yes, that would indeed be great. Thanks, I'll await those versions!
6 years 2 weeks ago #24129

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds