INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Synscan coordinates differ from those of the solver

• Thank you received: 102
I played with this some over the weekend. I changed the code so it sends RA/Dec instead of Alt/Az. The Dec axis gets updated just fine, but the RA axis wouldn't update. Not sure what's going on. I will have to mess with it some more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg, Franck
5 years 10 months ago #26001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Brilliant!! :o
This sounds considerably good! Thanks for your efforts. I'm curious to see the final result and to finally use the SynScan also with ekos.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Bye! ;)
5 years 10 months ago #26012

• Thank you received: 66

By the way, I hope you guys can keep this driver compatible with the V3 hand controller because I discovered that older HEQ5 mounts cannot upgrade to the V4 version. Thank you for your work on this!
5 years 10 months ago #26014

• Thank you received: 37

The driver is compatible with V3/V4 handsets, just be sure to upgrade the firmware to something recent V3.37+/V4.37+.

Although I don't have a cable I plan to submit a fix for the syncing issues, but I am very busy these days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Franck
5 years 10 months ago #26015

I created a fix for this issue (github.com/indilib/indi/pull/598) and it was merged. It will appear tomorrow or after that in the PPA updates.

Disclamer: I don't have a Synscan cable nor an EQ mount. My change _should_ work out of the box, but no guarantee as it was not tested. Please test first carefully, do manual syncs without plate solving and see if +/- RA/DEC coordinates are synced correctly to the handset. And report back the results in any case.
5 years 10 months ago #26063

Hi kecsap!
Thank you very much for your work. I will test your fix as soon as possible.
5 years 10 months ago #26064

Your change was near identical to what I tried. Same result, too. Dec gets updated fine, but RA either has some really weird offset, or doesn't update at all. :(

Maybe Frank will have better luck with his mount.
5 years 10 months ago #26068

There are two things in the Sync() function: position reset and the actual sync command. Can you do a quick check what happens if you remove the position reset command? Does it fix the situation? As I remember, the position reset was not there originally before my refactor, but it was needed for Alt/Az mounts to work properly. It is possible that it is unnecessary for EQ mounts.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Csaba Kertesz.
5 years 10 months ago #26073

Hi guys!
in which folder have I to insert the synscanmount.cpp fixed file? I think this should be the fixed package to replace somewhere...
I have a Mac OS Sierra and the tree folder of kstars is /Applications/kstars.app/Contents/
5 years 10 months ago #26074

Frank, please wait a bit, the issues are not fixed yet as you can read in the previous two posts.
5 years 10 months ago #26075

Ok! ;)
I was just curious to test your change. I will wait for the final fix! Thank you! :)
5 years 10 months ago #26076

I tried it both ways, with and without that extra bit, with no difference. I made a video showing the behavior.

Sorry, the equatorial grid lines in KStars don't show up unless you watch it in 4K mode. But trust me, the lines are there. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Csaba Kertesz, Franck
5 years 10 months ago #26092

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds