INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_sense_aux ?

• Thank you received: 72

indi_sense_aux ? was created by Magnus

So in a month or so, I will start updating my obsy to get it ready for the autum, and close to robotic?.....

Initially I would just use indi_wiringpi_gpio to se if microswitches was triggered to see if roof is open close, and mount is parked. At the moment there is no good way to to tell the mount or dome drivers to 'care about' the switch states.
I could implement a update in the mount and dome driver I'm using, but it seams a little hackish.

So what about a indi_sense auxiliary device that mounts, domes, 'and more?', could snoop on to sense state of physical devices.
If there is a superclass with 'bool mountIsParked', 'bool domeIsOpen', 'bool domeIsClosed', etc, then other sensing could be added as a subclass without any changes to the overall device.

I would add a config tab to setup witch wiringpi_gpio pins that checks mount parking and dome state, but other hardware like @Gonzo's gyro to test mount park state 'could' be added as a subclass that implements the 'bool mountIsParked' method.

Is this something others think is good, nice or necessary? Is this a good way in doing this, or is there a better way?

Like to hear what you think.
Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
6 years 1 week ago #24930

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic indi_sense_aux ?

Hello,
Have a look there at my roof driver github.com/Trigger-broom-289/odroid-indi-roof it uses micro-switches.
it might help you.
5 years 9 months ago #26821

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds