INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Fedora 28 - Unable to get DSLR or ZWO working - both crash

• Thank you received: 74
Hi,

I am playing with Fedora-28 (x64) on an AMD 64bit desktop (8gb) (used this for ubuntu 16.04 Indi/Kstars no problem) for a future install onto a SCB (64bit) but I am having a problem getting Indi drivers to work. The 2 I have tried are DSLR Canon and ZWO. I am using he same cables as per my Ubuntu 16.04 Kstars/Indi set up which works.
On starting Indi using either drivers (not both at the same time) Indi Crashes saying check log - with the log saying "Symbol lookup error : Indi_canon_ccd: undefined symbol: zn4INDI3CCD13ISSnoopDeviceEP8xml_ele" next line of Canon debug "stderr EOF".
I have removed automount via Dfconfig and the canon no longer appears in the file system.
LSUSB identifies the Canon correctly as 100D
The links to indi_gpphoto_ccd appear ok and GPHOTO indi driver is ELF 64-bit (x86-64 - which I assume means it runs as 32 and 64 bit)
Libindi info returns installed package as 1.7.4 rel 1.fc28 arch x85-64 source libindi-1.7.4-1.fc28.src.rpm
Libindi-libs says same except for size

The ZWO asi120mm does the same - crashes out on start but for I wont to sort out he DSLR bit first.

I am doing something really silly but can see what it is - I have no hair so can;t pull any more out :-)

Any pointers would be helpful
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 7 months ago #28664

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Where did you get the drivers from? The bleeding edge repo?
5 years 7 months ago #28665

• Thank you received: 74
Hi ,

thanks for the reply followed these instructions on Indi site

Latest INDI Library, 3rdparty drivers and KStars are available for Fedora 25 and later.

First, grab and install the RPM package containing the repository definition from OBS (click "Grab binary packages directly"and then download the noarch.rpm file):

dnf install /path/to/lupinix-indi-bleeding-1.0-x.y.noarch.rpm

Just tried same kit on same desktop but using Ubuntu and all worked as normal - not that helps much
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Clive Stachon.
5 years 7 months ago #28666
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 41
Looks like you have a mixture of regular Fedora packages and bleeding edge packages, I should implement some stronger dependencies. Remove regular kstars, libindi and libindi-libs and install kstars-bleeding and libindi-bleeding instead, to be completely on bleeding edge tree with the full set of drivers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive Stachon
5 years 7 months ago #28667

Time to create page: 0.812 seconds