INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

A couple of INDI control panel config annoyances

• Thank you received: 8
Hi,
There's a couple of little configuration annoyances I've had when starting up INDI. These are things I now check before clicking "connect" to avoid frustration.

1) I have two USB serial devices - the mount, and the focuser. Since the RPi will randomly assign them to ttyUSB0 and 1, I set up udev to identify them and assign them to /dev/telescope and /dev/focuser. This works *perfectly* for the mount. But for the focuser, in the INDI control panel, I must always check the connection tab. Sometimes it comes up configured for /dev/ttyUSB1 or 0, sometimes it comes up set to /dev/focuser. No idea why. Auto-hunt sometimes works, but why do that if we know that /dev/focuser is the right device? Again, I have no trouble at all with the INDI control panel tab for the mount - it's always set to what it should be.

2) In the mount config, Motion Control tab, the guide rate setting *always* comes up as "50.5" in the configuration box, with "0.5" offered in the setting box (next to the Set button). I always set it back to 0.5. I have no idea what this setting is for, because it doesn't change anything in the Ekos Guide module. Also, it doesn't change the setting in the mount's hand controller. Still, given my past problems with guiding configuration, I set it correctly to avoid problems.

So these are what I can think of now. Pretty good I would say otherwise.

Thanks,

Charles
Ubuntu 18.04 and Raspbian Jessie; INDI 1.7.4
Mounts: CEM-60 chiefly; iEQ45
Cameras: Atik 383L+, QHY5-II-M
Focuser: Moonlite
5 years 6 months ago #29729

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1. Set "Auto Search" to "Disabled" and then save the config.
2. Fixed in GIT. Should be in nightly later on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles Wright, Alfred
5 years 6 months ago #29749

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds