INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Avalon StarGo driver crashes (KStars 3.5.9)

• Thank you received: 8

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Hi Thomas,
where did you get KStars 3.5.9 from for the Mac? I'm one of the developers of the Avalon driver, but I run it on Linux and there it works fine.

I could test it in my environment, I have a Macbook, but I need to know which KStars version exactly you are using.
Cheers
Wolfgang
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Wolfgang Reissenberger.
1 year 10 months ago #83893

Hi Wolfgang, thanks for replying!
KStars 3.5.9 is available for the Mac since end of May, I downloaded it from edu.kde.org/kstars/
I'm in touch with Stefano from Avalon, he confirmed me that on a Mac he found the same issue with KStars 3.5.5, so I guess it is a problem that exists since a while. If I can help you debug or test anything please approach me, I'm happy to help.
Thomas
1 year 10 months ago #83895

OK, problem confirmed, I could reproduce it. Let's see, I have to learn how to debug INDI on a Mac...

In the meantime: do you have a Raspberry Pi at hand or - maybe even simpler - do you have Parallels on your Mac? If you have your INDI driver running on Linux instead on your Mac, it will work.

Nevertheless, I'll try to solve the problem on the Mac, but it may take some time...
1 year 10 months ago #83907

Hi Thomas,
meanwhile I have setup my dev environment for Mac and could narrow down where the problem sits - which does not mean that I have the solution, but I know where the problem sits.
Wolfgang
1 year 10 months ago #84345

thank you very much Wolfgang, whenever I can help I'm happy to help you
1 year 10 months ago #84365

Good news, Thomas: yesterday I was able to locate the problem why the StarGo INDI driver crashes on Macs. Hopefully I can fix it with the next INDI 3rdparty version.
9 months 2 weeks ago #94291

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds