INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CEM40 / iOptron mount connection in EKOS not working

• Thank you received: 11
Hi folks,

I have a CEM40 iOptron mount that I've not been able to use just yet as I can't seem to get my Pi4 Stellarmate to connect to it. I have been trying two ways
- cable the USB from the mount to everything into my Pegasus Astro Pocket power book advance and have its USB3 goto one of the USB3's on the Pi4.
- cable the USB from mount directly into the Pi4

I've attached some screen shots of the profile configuration and of the "connection" tab in the INDI sections.

Welcome any advice/tips from iOptron users on getting their mounts connected to EKOS.

Thanks in advance, Craig
8 months 2 weeks ago #94718

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Am having issues attaching screen shots of the configuration and profile config pages.....

Have tried down sizing the images to < 500k and it won't let me upload them for some reason. What am I doing wrong there?
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Craig.
8 months 2 weeks ago #94719

I seem to have a different model CEM40 to what is referred to in the iOptron manual. In that manual there is a USB port for mount control (near the iport for the hand controller) and one for the iPolar on the back of the mount. Mine does have a 2nd USB port BUT it's located on the saddle of the mount itself.

Is the USB port on saddle mount the port to use for mount control on this updated CEM40?
8 months 2 weeks ago #94722

• Thank you received: 31
The CEM40 has been through several iterations with respect to usb port locations. Note that everything is USB 2. The USB 2 Type B socket on the main housing is where your computer connects to the mount.

A major wrinkle is that CEM40s seem to not want to work directly connected to a Pi4 USB3 connector, so try with a USB2 hub in between. Not sure how the Pegasus device interacts, I have no experience with that.

The USB-A connectors on the saddle are from an internal hub. You can connect a camera to that and it will be connected to your computer through the main mount USB connection. In the newer models like yours, the iPolar also connects through the on-board hub and does not have a separate connector.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
8 months 2 weeks ago #94756

Thanks for the reply Ron.

Do you know what settings (baud rate etc) that you use to get it connected?

I've tried connecting the mount directly to the USB2.0 ports on the Pi4 (running Stellarmate) and it doesn't seem to work either as well as having no luck having the mount connected to the PegasusAstro PocketPower hub. It has two USB2.0 ports but does connect to the Pi4 over one of its USB3.0 ports.
8 months 1 week ago #95039

Time to create page: 0.706 seconds