INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Skysensor issues with latest versions

• Thank you received: 8
Good morning,
I recently updated the install of a friend from Kstars 3.5 to the latest, I'm unsure of the indi version we had before, I can check as I still have that version on a backup microsd. This is all on a raspberry pi running ubuntu.
We moved to a 22.04 install of Ubuntu server with mate as a desktop and latest releases of all the softwares, so Kstars 3.6.7 and indi 2.0.4 and we're having a strange issue with his Skysensor.
Basically, it connects and it reads the current coordinates. If we move the mount with the hand controller we can see it moving on the skychart. Also, moving the mount manually through Ekos mount control works.
But, requesting a goto does nothing.
We also have other strange things, like the tracking portion of the mount tab being greyed out, the debug button on the indi configuration panel not sticking on enable (it gets disabled right away, even saying so in the log) and we also have a red error in the mount log at connecting time, stating "[ERROR] Error setting local time"
Everything works correctly with the old revision, so I'm looking at pointers of what could be wrong or tests that I could carry out.
Thanks!
5 months 1 week ago #97148

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just to add here, I uninstalled the PPA provided indi and compiled the last version known to work, 1.8.9.
With this version it's back in working order, so it's definitely something about the new versions.
If someone could point also on how to debug it, I would be grateful.
5 months 1 week ago #97187

In the hope that someone can shed some light on this, another pointer: at the end of the connection phase with the 2.0.4 indi, along with the error mentioned in the first post the software fails to set the location too, the strange thing being the longitude (if I recall correctly) has an absurdly high number, negative also. This doesn't happen with 1.8.9.
5 months 1 week ago #97191

I understand this kind of computer is not that used anymore, but I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

Any suggestions in how I can try and debug it?
5 months 1 day ago #97357

• Thank you received: 23
Hi, I can't reproduce your problems with my SS2kPC.
Have you compared the source code of the driver in the two versions of INDI you mention?
5 months 1 day ago #97365

Hi,
thanks for your answer. I still need to find out the exact release in which it stops working right.
I need my friend to find the time and when I'll find out I'll report back.
Can I ask in the meantime if you can post a screenshot of when you connect the mount, what text you have on the bottom of the mount tab?
I want to find out if you too have a strange number during the location update phase and the warning about the date and time not being correctly set.
Also, what release of the Skysensor firmware are you running?
5 months 1 day ago #97366

Time to create page: 0.880 seconds