INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unitron Model 142

• Thank you received: 3
Hi everyone, it's been a few months since I last logged in. I hope everyone is well.
I never made mention of the fact that I have a Unitron Model 142 (3-inch f/16).
A few months ago I purchased a ASI120MC. I am amazed at what I can do with it.
My question to you is better characterized as a pleading. I have no Go-To ability but I do have Setting Circles.
I attached four photos. Two of the Right Ascension vernier and two of the Declination vernier. Notice that the vernier has two scales, one atop the other. I am ashamed to say that this causes me a great deal of confusion. (I do know that the Right Ascension scale is really Hour Angle. I have no problem converting Right Ascension and Local Sidereal Time to Hour Angle.)
Basically I am looking for usage guidelines. For example, if I live in the Northern Hemisphere do I left-align only?
I thank anyone and everyone for their help.
6 years 11 months ago #16843
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Brian Morgan on topic Unitron Model 142

Everyone has been great, and I want to acknowledge that.
Here is a sample of my latest works.
This is M13. 50x30sec Lights. 10x30sec Darks. Post-processed hard to show the dimmest stars.
I compared it to UCAC4 and I believe that I am showing 16th magnitude stars.
If that was not impressive enough what would you say if that was accomplished with $80 optics?
In fact, that image was taken with a Celestron TravelScope 70 piggybacked on my Unitron mount.
Polar alignment thanks to SharpCap.
There is some star drift but I think that the bigger issues are the diffraction bands around the two bright stars.
That can be explained by the 45 degree Erecting Star Diagonal that I used. It stinks but I had to use it at the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 11 months ago #16844
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds