Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unitron Model 142

Unitron Model 142 2 months 1 week ago #16843

• oopfan
  • oopfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi everyone, it's been a few months since I last logged in. I hope everyone is well.
I never made mention of the fact that I have a Unitron Model 142 (3-inch f/16).
A few months ago I purchased a ASI120MC. I am amazed at what I can do with it.
My question to you is better characterized as a pleading. I have no Go-To ability but I do have Setting Circles.
I attached four photos. Two of the Right Ascension vernier and two of the Declination vernier. Notice that the vernier has two scales, one atop the other. I am ashamed to say that this causes me a great deal of confusion. (I do know that the Right Ascension scale is really Hour Angle. I have no problem converting Right Ascension and Local Sidereal Time to Hour Angle.)
Basically I am looking for usage guidelines. For example, if I live in the Northern Hemisphere do I left-align only?
I thank anyone and everyone for their help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unitron Model 142 2 months 1 week ago #16844

• oopfan
  • oopfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Everyone has been great, and I want to acknowledge that.
Here is a sample of my latest works.
This is M13. 50x30sec Lights. 10x30sec Darks. Post-processed hard to show the dimmest stars.
I compared it to UCAC4 and I believe that I am showing 16th magnitude stars.
If that was not impressive enough what would you say if that was accomplished with $80 optics?
In fact, that image was taken with a Celestron TravelScope 70 piggybacked on my Unitron mount.
Polar alignment thanks to SharpCap.
There is some star drift but I think that the bigger issues are the diffraction bands around the two bright stars.
That can be explained by the 45 degree Erecting Star Diagonal that I used. It stinks but I had to use it at the time.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica