INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Failing to control Celestron NexStar+ HC

• Thank you received: 4
Hi all,

I've failed at controlling a Celestron CGE Pro mount through the NexStar HC. INDI logs attached. I'm using a laptop running Xubuntu 16.04 (Kstar/Ekos), and this set of cables .

I made multiple attempts, with different drivers - I have debug logs for eqmod and celestron_nexstar. The way I proceed is: turn on the telescope, align it, connect the cables, start INDI.

EQmod wasn't really able to connect to the mount. NexStar was more promising: it connects, but that's all. Impossible to move the telescope, or modify anything in the settings. I tried to update the time and location on the INDI settings panel, but it fails (it updates time, but loses it about 30s later, and refuses to update location).

I also noticed that everytime I connect NexStar driver, the HC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive. Not sure why. Even after I disconnect INDI, HC refuses to do anything (screen is frozen on whatever it was showing last). Only way is to hard-turn off and on the mount, and redo alignment.

I'm starting to have a decent history of failing to control mounts... Tried with a SynScan-controlled EQ-8, Celestron CGE, and a Losmandy. I remember, a few months ago, having some sucess with the CGE Pro Mount, I think using the nexstar driver. But nothing tonight... Please help! Am I cursed? Or just stupid?
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Adrien Barrajon.
6 years 9 months ago #17659

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks for the logs, there are helpful. Looks like CGE Pro does not support setting date/time command and probably got stuck. I added an exception to this and also added the mount model as it was not recognized before. If you can compile, you can test right away, or wait for tomorrow's PPA update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 9 months ago #17660

This has to be the best ever support service. Thanks. I'm not at the observatory anymore so I'll check that out tomorrow.
6 years 9 months ago #17663

Did work like a charm. Many thanks!
6 years 9 months ago #17723

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds