INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Eqmod: prevent meridian flip when triggering a goto

• Thank you received: 7
Hi,
during mosaic frame acquisitions you have to perform several goto commands to move from one tile of the mosaic to the next. If the mosaic region crosses the meridian, then several meridian flips can occur which I would like to suppress. I have seen that the GotoParams struct of the eqmod driver already has a member "forcecwup" which seems to do what I want. However this parameter is always false and cannot be changed from outside, i.e. there is not INDI property to set this value to true. Would it be possible to provide such an INDI property?

Thanks,
Klaus
5 years 11 months ago #24683

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I suppose this could be done, but let's see what Jean-Luc has to say about this first.
5 years 11 months ago #24693

• Thank you received: 88
Hi,
Not much to say, a switch property may be added easily to drive forcecwup. There are also two numbers limiting the amplitude.
I don't remember how I tested that part of the code some years ago, I'll have a look in the next weeks.
Unless you have already made a try and can confirm that's ok.

Jean-Luc.
5 years 11 months ago #24706

• Thank you received: 7
Hi Jean-Luc,
>Unless you have already made a try and can confirm that's ok.
Not yet, but I'll do. If everything works as expected I also can provide the corresponding change on github.

Klaus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jean-Luc
5 years 11 months ago #24720

• Thank you received: 88
Hi Klaus,

That would be nice, moreover you may add what you really need.
Furthermore I was trying to sync my fork repo yesterday, but was unable to push back on github my local merges, it seems there are large packets (no sync since 3 months) that curl does not handle correctly. Will have to make a new fork I think.
Anyway, Thanks for your help.
Jean-Luc.
5 years 11 months ago #24735

Time to create page: 0.746 seconds