INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron SKYQ Support

• Thank you received: 0
the mount is doing things that i d'ont understant. the mount location on Kstars is moving without command ??
5 years 10 months ago #25719

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57
What is the trajectory?
5 years 10 months ago #25722

the trajectory is from Park (180° opposite of the real telescope position ) to 90° only on RA .

I buy this cable

[url=https://www.pierro-astro.com/materiel-astronomique/accessoires-informatiques/interface-usb-rs232-pour-montures_detail[]www.pierro-astro.com/materiel-astronomiq...pour-montures_detail[/url]
USB2 to mount connection witch driver do i use ? thanks
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Richard.
5 years 10 months ago #25724

Without alignment the driver thinks it is in AltAz config - thus it will be moving in strange ways on the map.
I understand the mount itself is not moving?
You need to start by making a three point alignment (it should work even on small triangle on the sky) by syncing on three stars. Then it should work at least approximately. I think we should implement EQ-AltAz switch for the driver. But it is difficult to implement the driver without the hardware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard
5 years 10 months ago #25725

If you connect to the hand controler you use celestron nexstar driver. If you connect by wifi to skyq you need to use nexstarevo (AUX) driver. These are different protocols working on different levels and you cannot mix them at all.
For skyq first try with celestron skyportal android application. If it works - your setup is ok and the nexstarevo driver should in principle work as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard
5 years 10 months ago #25726

Ok , sync stars with Kstar without the the hand control ?
5 years 10 months ago #25741

Yes. Technically you can keep the HC connected but any movement done with it will probably confuse the driver.
So for starters just disconnect it. You can configure joystick as a controller and even map one button to sync function.
The really best way to do it is to use some camera with ekos solver to align the mount - but this is probably not an option for you.
You need to point the scope to three stars and sync on kstars - then it should be working fine.
OTOH this is really not what this driver was build for.
The Celestron/Simulation Curriculum app for your phone/tablet is much better for visual use (generic stargazing) - I am using it myself in this way.
The real purpose is to have full wireless control over the scope from kstars/ekos or similar program without using the HC to align and control the scope - but that really shines if you have some camera on the scope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 10 months ago #25746

YES it works well with celestron sky portal on my tablet. But for me, it's interesting to have the completely integrated solution in Ekos. The astrometric location is incredible.

I think that my problem comes from bad hémisphère location
Another question How do you change Northern Hemisphere / Southern Hemisphere in EKOS
5 years 10 months ago #25834

Oh! So you are at the south? That is great - two different testing cases at once (south and EQ mount). Will you be willing to work with me on testing the driver on your setup in the future? I'll be quite busy for next three days but I will come back to this after Wednesday. Please tell me what type system do you have (OS version, some details of your setup). I'll try to build a special version of the driver for you with some additional switches (EQ, South pole alignment etc).
5 years 10 months ago #25838

Oh no sorry for misunderstanding, i'm in France . i wonder if my Celestron CG5 mount is configured for Southern hémisphere to explain why there is always 180° error on the mount's position.

My mount is a Celestron CG5 with a 203mm SCT i with Nexstar Hand Controller iadd h a SKYQ link wifif adapter in order to have a wireless connection . i' m running under stellarmate OS .

I ll be available for the next days . thans a lot Richard
5 years 10 months ago #25848

That is fine. One variable is enough ;) The setting may be a problem but first tell me in which axis you see the 180deg difference? And what do you compare it with. Unfortunately Celestron app and HC use different zero points and azimuth convention. I do not have stellarmate but I believe it is based on the ubuntu mate and it will be easy to replace standard drivers with testing variants from my PPA (if we need to). Do you have any camera on the scope? Or maybe you can mount a camera with a telephoto lens on the mount - I used to test it that way to have smaller and lighter testing rig.
I think it would be best if you start by using HC with a wired connection to familiarize yourself with ekos and astrometry for the mount and then switch to nse driver.
Then the best testing procedure for NSE driver would be to
1) Connect the driver to the scope and test if you can connect and move the mount with motion buttons (on slow speed and keep your hand on the switch!)
2) Point the mount in any part of the sky take a shot, solve and sync the mount (you should see the position on kstars jup to correct place on the map). Remember to activate and reinit the alignment system in the Alignment tab of the INDI control panel for the driver (use build in math plugin if you have a choice)
3) Repeat for two more points forming a triangle on the sky (it does not need to be large - just sizable)
4) test if the pointing/tracking works on further areas of the sky.
Be careful with meridian - meridian flip is not implemented and at least with initial tests keep your hand on power button for the mount. The driver was developed and tested on AltAz mount and although it was structured to work on EQ it was not tested with such mounts by me.
5 years 10 months ago #25852

Ok , I will do that after the thunderstorms ... thank you , i have ATIK314L , PLAMX318XP , FW brightstar

I m waiting for cable connector for the HC , next week

some screenshots in order to explain you my problems

After Ekos start , Indi , Kstars , picture of the mount the telescope is pointing south ?
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Richard.
5 years 10 months ago #25858
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds