INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Not parking the mount during scheduler startup

• Thank you received: 32
Since the scheduler isn't working perfectly with my setup at the moment, I just set everything up to track already at the beginning of a night, the only thing I need the scheduler to do is to snap photo's as soon as it's really dark. However, it's parking the mount before that, would it be possible to have a button to disable that?
7 years 11 months ago #8063

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Parking during start up?!! How is that possible? are you using a startup script?

Also, why isn't the scheduler working for you?
7 years 11 months ago #8065

Yes, I start the scheduler and it parks the mount before going into sleep-mode, no scripts.

The scheduler isn't working 100% as, maybe due to some comm issue with the mount, the platesolving doesn't continue (it solves, but the scheduler never gets the go-ahead signal).
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Vincent Groenewold.
7 years 11 months ago #8066

Ok I believe I fixed the parking issue. On sleep mode, it tries to park the mount for safety and then unpark later on. But now if TRACK is not checked, it will not issue Park on sleep.

More importantly, I now added extensive verbose output for the scheduler and other Ekos modules, so please try to run it normally, and let's see where it fails.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek, Vincent Groenewold
7 years 11 months ago #8070

Excellent! I agree it's safer to park first, I just selected a target that I could follow till the morning without issues so it didn't need to do that. Thanks!

Verbose output is great as well, I'll try again tonight and post my output here. If the new version is available that is.
7 years 11 months ago #8071

Quick question before I start the night; do I have to switch extra logging on somewhere or is the output already generated with the logging option underneath the scheduler window?
7 years 11 months ago #8075

Enable the KStars verbose log in Configure KStars --> Advanced --> choose verbose and log to file.
7 years 11 months ago #8076

So I did a quick test with the scheduler and am posting the log here. Same thing, all working nicely up till the solving part. It solves fine, the solver tells the mount to slew to the coordinates, but the scheduler seems to wait for a signal. Manually doing the solving and slewing works fine in ekos btw.
7 years 11 months ago #8092
Attachments:

So, it may be that I needed to switch on "Update coordinates" in the solver module. Just FYI if anyone else runs into this problem, I'll test it again tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 11 months ago #8110

The scheduler now forces update coordinates only, and it is enabled by default as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
7 years 11 months ago #8111

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds