INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Improvements to the CCD and Filter Wheel tab (Ekos)

• Thank you received: 8
Hi,

I have only a few very simple wishes right now, and they are all in the Ekos CCD and filter wheel tab:
1) It would be very nice to be able to set the shutter state manually. Either that, or it should always be closed for bias and dark frames.
2) It would be very good to have an "abort sequence" button. Right now, my work-around is to make guiding fail
3) Also, this is minor, but the buttons for starting/pausing a sequence are very small and hard to notice. Can we make them bigger or a different color?

All for now,

Charles
Ubuntu 18.04 and Raspbian Jessie; INDI 1.7.4
Mounts: CEM-60 chiefly; iEQ45
Cameras: Atik 383L+, QHY5-II-M
Focuser: Moonlite
6 years 7 months ago #18455

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1. This is handled by each respective INDI CCD driver, you're having problems with one?
2. There is the stop button after you press "play" or start button.
3. Noted, will see if it fits the GUI guide lines to do so.

Thanks for the report.
6 years 7 months ago #18461

• Thank you received: 8
1) Yes - it's the Atik 383L+ (see Problem getting images from Atik 383L+ mono ). I would think that it's Ekos that controls whether to close or open a shutter, but it's not clear whether it does that or whether it's the camera driver, which is why I suggest a manual override.
2) Ok, now I notice this, but that goes to request 3
3) Another solution other than color is to have 3 buttons, Start, Abort and Pause. Or, make the Start button green until selected, then make it red to indicate abort. I guess it's a stop sign? At any rate, in the VM running on a 1920x1080 screen, these buttons are very small.

Thanks,

Charles
Ubuntu 18.04 and Raspbian Jessie; INDI 1.7.4
Mounts: CEM-60 chiefly; iEQ45
Cameras: Atik 383L+, QHY5-II-M
Focuser: Moonlite
6 years 7 months ago #18471

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds