INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Newer abort guiding exposiure...

• Thank you received: 72
Hi Jasem.

So for the first time I have tried some automation in Ekos, and I love it.. (I was plaing with Mosaic job creator, and it was easy to use after som learning).
I also got Orion SSAG + Celestron AVX to allways calibrate guiding IN TWO AXIES by changing algorithem to (Auto treshold?).

However the SSAG will allways fail if a exposiure is aborted!. It's 'qhy get single frame error (-1)' I think.
With some updates since last imaging sesion (last april), I do not have to reeboot the server as I did before. Simply disconnecting and re connecting QHY-xxxx fixes the error, but all automation failes.

One example is if I enable dithering after image. The guiding will be ABORTED and I get the error. And there is other issues. If I try to calibrate guiding I cannot use the STOP button if guiding fails, so I have to wait.

So is there a way to not abort guidecam exposiure? I think the feature of aborting will atmost be 0-3 seconds faster for the automation, in some cases.
Is it not better for the guide cam to just not start a new exposiure? So If you are guiding with 1.5 sec exposiure, then do not 'abort' the exposiure, let it finish, and do not start the next one?

I am not sure if this is is a big rewrite or why it aborts in the first place. However changing the guiding algoritem makes the SSAG finnally usable 'minus the abort funktion'.
If I make a version of the qhy_ccd drver that does not implement the 'Abort exposiure' feature, then what will happend? Will the desired behaviour occure? Exposiure cannot be aborted, so Ekos waits for exposiure to complete, then does not issue a new one?

I started this thread a year ago, but it was never picked up. www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/1766-in...1-logs-included.html

Any help appreciated, Magnus...
Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
6 years 4 months ago #21642

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds