INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stop exposure on Canon DSLR via Ekos

• Thank you received: 420
I noticed that when I am taking images with my Canon camera (either via GPhoto CCD or Canon DSLR) and I am taking a, say, 10 minute exposure, then stopping the current sequence will not close the shutter on the DSLR and it will not stop the exposure. This is also the case when I am using the alignment module. In both cases I need to switch off and back on the camera in order for it to start responding again. Would it be possible to force the camera to stop the exposure or is that not the way these cameras work?
6 years 3 months ago #22416

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The GPhoto driver does not currently support aborting exposure really. There isn't any obvious way in libgphoto2 to abort an exposure. If anyone has a clue how to approach this, let me know.
6 years 3 months ago #22450

Thanks for the feedback Jasem. I am not at all familiar with how GPhoto works. Does this mean that the GPhoto sends an instruction to the camera to take an exposure of X seconds?
6 years 3 months ago #22454

Actually, I took a closer look at the code again and added abort exposure support. So it should be available whenever Canonial Launchpad is fully back online.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nMAC, Paolo Casarini, Teseo, Andrew, Wouter van Reeven
6 years 3 months ago #22456

Great! Thanks very much in advance!
6 years 3 months ago #22459

• Thank you received: 226
Will this abort exposure automatically? Say in the event of a sequence abort, such as from a guide failure. Or while disconnecting devices?
6 years 2 months ago #22506

It would work just like a regular abort as in other cameras.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
6 years 2 months ago #22508

I just tested this and it works like a charm. When I start a long exposure in the CCD tab or Align tab and then click Stop, the shutter closes and the camera is ready for a new exposure. I tested this several times in a row in both tabs and the camera never failed. Many, many thanks!!!
6 years 2 months ago #22789

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds