INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Warn if scheduled jobs have the same name

• Thank you received: 420
Hi,

I am working on a mosaic of the North America and Pelican Nebulae and ran into an issue with the scheduler. I added two jobs with exactly the same parameters apart from the coordinates of the center of the FOV. When the first job ended Ekos thought that both jobs had ended because they had the same name. Only when I have the 2nd job a new name Ekos would start it.

Would it be possible to add a popup or other warning when two jobs with the same name get added to the scheduler? Many thanks in advance!

Clear skies, Wouter
5 years 6 months ago #29542

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
When you have "Remember Job Progress" set in the Ekos Capture options, Scheduler evaluates how many frames you require for each job, and stops when that count is achieved. You can see that as "imaging time".

Thus if you create two identical jobs, Scheduler will consider both complete when the required number of frames is there on the disk.

If you increase the repeat count of the second job, Scheduler will take more captures with no change to the sequence file needed.

If you disable Remember Job Progress, Scheduler will execute jobs without checking the content of the storage.

This said, I would like to know the reasons that led you to create two identical jobs? What was your intent? I'm interested because this feature will certainly need clarification.

-Eric
5 years 6 months ago #29545

Thanks I’ll look into all of that as soon as I can.

I created two jobs with the same name so the output frames end up in the same directory and I can load the frames in my pre-processing application more easily. And to clarify once more, from my point of view the jobs aren’t identical since the coordinates are different. They are merely very similar ;-)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
5 years 6 months ago #29555

• Thank you received: 301
So yes, you should disable "Remember Job Progress" in the context of your use case.

Currently when remembering progress, the Scheduler is using the path and file names to determine the relevance of the frame file for the job that is running. This is causing too many issues, and will change soon to check the FITS header instead.

Your use case is kind of new to me, but is another reason to change the current behavior :) How do you or your tool distinguish between the resulting frames? WCS in FITS header?

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
5 years 6 months ago #29558

I am using a DSLR camera so to my best of knowledge there is no WCS data in the files. I use Astro Pixel Processor which does a great job identifying the stars and star patterns in the files. Not sure how though...

Thanks, I’ll disable Remember Job Progress next time!
5 years 6 months ago #29560

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds