INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SkySafari + iOptron GotoNova 8400 - Ekos vs Indi-web connection

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I've got an issue connecting SkySafari to my iOptron mount. It works splendidly when run from Ekos, but SkySafari can't see the scope when using the web manager.

Equipment details:

Astroberry 5.4.51-v7l+ on RPi 4
iOptron Minitower Pro
kStars Build: 2020-08-08T19:57:56Z
Driver: GotoNova 8400 Kit
SkySafari 6 - Pro & Plus
Scope selected: LX200GPS

When starting the iOptron profile from Ekos, SkySafari connects and works. Tested with iPad, iPhone, and Android tablet. However, if I run  the same profile from the web manager, SkySafari reports no response from the scope.

The log shows:DEBUG 282.102567 sec : CMD <>ERROR 282.102608 sec : Internal client is not connected! Please make sure the mount name is set in the Options tab. Disconnect and reconnect to try again.

I don't know if it's relevant, but when accessing the INDI control panel via iINDI or KStars-Lite, the scope  driver shows as "GotoNova" when using the web manager, and "GotoNova 8400 Kit" when using Ekos. 

Any help appreciated!

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_skysa...1.04.log
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: indiweb.txt
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_08-36-18.txt
File Size:108 KB
2 years 8 months ago #73882
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Further investigation raises more questions.

If I run the GotoNova 8400 & SkySafari drivers as a local service from the device manager within KStars, everything works as expected. However, if I run indiserver and drivers from the command line, replicating the command & options exactly as per the process run from the device manager, I get the error as above from SkySafari.

In short, it works perfectly when run from within KStars, but doesn't from without.

What am I missing?
2 years 8 months ago #73913

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds