INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New install of Astroberry running Canon DSLR issue with plate solving

• Thank you received: 2
Hi 
The other day I did a a fresh install of Astroberry. I set up all my devices like I normally would do. Bresser Mount w/ Eqmod controller, Canon 20d, ASI120MC guide cam. Once that was done started the indi web server and connected a remote pc with Kstars. Everything was working well until I started to do the polar alignment tool. Kstars would crash and shutdown. I found that a setting in the Indi profile for the canon was set the large JPEG file format. Once I change this to RAW format everything work well. I never had to change this before but looks like this is change every time I make a connection to the camera. I have tried to save the setting to raw on the camera but it will change back to JPEG once the Indi makes it's connection. If there is something I can do to change this or is this the new procedure when I connect to the camera. 
Thanks 
OM
2 years 6 months ago #75060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Go to Settings-Configure Kstars and check check your settings for "Load Device Configuration" under EKOS. If it's set to Never, I believe EKOS will load default values.

I have it set to On Connection. That will save your current INDI configuration and load the same settings next time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oliver Montoya
2 years 6 months ago #75075

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds