INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Live Stacking

• Thank you received: 0
I am new to Astroberry, Ekos etc. What are others using to live stack and or process images?
2 years 5 months ago #77619

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Malcolm Whinfield on topic Live Stacking

If you are using Raspberry Pi as the server/client then ASTAP is part of Astroberry, but requires a special process for updating, see astroberry.io for more information on that.

I was live stacking yesterday but I no longer use my RPi as a client unless I go to remote sites, instead, I use a local Windows client for Kstar and EKOS and use DSS Live stacking for Live stacking. I am considering using ASTAP on Windows but I haven't been used to it. Need a bit more time.

Make sure the latest upgrade of Astroberry is done before using the latest Windows as Astroberry updates are much slower than Stellarmate and I had crash after crash until the most recent update where I found that I was using different versions.
2 years 3 months ago #79496

• Thank you received: 53
2 years 3 months ago #79556

• Thank you received: 281

Replied by John on topic Live Stacking

If you have PixInsight then you could try downloading the (free) EZ processing suite. One of the utilities is a live stack that watches a directory for incoming files and processing them.

I find it pretty good as it uses other PI programs to align frames & calibrate frames. Can also monitor multiple directories for different filters and combine for a colour image.
2 years 3 months ago #79578

• Thank you received: 281

Replied by John on topic Live Stacking

If you have PixInsight then you could try downloading the (free) EZ processing suite. One of the utilities is a live stack that watches a directory for incoming files and processing them.

I find it pretty good as it uses other PI programs to align frames & calibrate frames. Can also monitor multiple directories for different filters and combine for a colour image.
2 years 3 months ago #79579

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds