INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry and Celestron Nexstar. Does it work?

• Thank you received: 6
I tested connecting my NexStar 8 SE today via USB and it was a success. I was able to connect and slew using KStars. 
I can't check further as I have been clouded out for a few weeks now... 
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
2 years 4 months ago #78003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks so much for the information. I know what my goal is for the long weekend now.
2 years 4 months ago #78027

Awesome. Seems good enough for me to at least attempt since the equipment is fairly cheap. Thanks for testing it out.
2 years 4 months ago #78028

Good luck! I got to test it in the field yesterday. Slews and plate-solves worked great. Tracking got better after plate-solving in different parts of the sky. Didn't have to align, that was a plus. 
2 years 4 months ago #78086

So I am working to set up my astroberry. I connect to it through the hotspot it produces and I add the information for my WiFi network but it never a list it as an option to connect to. If I click join hidden network I can select the network profile I added and it boots me off but I can’t connect my laptop to it without connecting back to the hotspot. What am I doing wrong?

2 years 4 months ago #78098
Attachments:

I ended up getting it. For some reason I could t get it to connect 5 GHz so I changed to 2.4 and got it working.
2 years 4 months ago #78105

Now I just have to figure out how to connect everything. So I plug  the usb cable into the bottom of my handset and connect to zwo camera into the pi. I was having some issues connecting and then I can’t connect to my starsense it seems. Will I not need my starsense?  

so my equipment is 
astroberry server
6se and nexstar mount
224mc camera
celestron focuser

the focuser connects to the mount. The camera and hand control have independent usb connections which will go to the pi. 

2 years 4 months ago #78107

Do you mind sharing your configuration with me?  I keep getting errors when trying to connect.  My ZWO camera connects, but the mount and focuser seem to be having issues.  I built my profile astroberry and then the same in Ekos, but the mount keeps failing (Celestron GPS.

So I have a usb for my camera going to my pi and a usb from the bottom of my hand control going to my pi.  I assume this counts as serial connection and not a networked connection correct?  My focuser is plugged into an aux port.
2 years 4 months ago #78146

I have a similar setup:
- Astroberry running on Pi
- NexStar 8 SE from hand controller to USB 2.0 port on the Pi, (serial connection)
- ZWO (or QHY) camera plugged into USB 3.0 port
- JMI focuser USB controller plugged into USB 2.0 port
- No Celestron focuser or Star Sense (Star Sense is not needed as INDI EKOS has a plate-solving module)

I would recommend trying connecting one component at a time starting with mount and seeing how that works out. 
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Inder.
2 years 4 months ago #78150

I think I forgot to turn the power on the mount because I saw the hand control lit up from the usb. Tested again today and got everything to work. Now I just have to learn about ekos/kstars to learn how to set up a session.

Quick question. Since I don’t have a guide scope right now the nexstar gets pointed at an object and just moves in a known path (or something like the I believe). I guess I mean it is t visually checking to make sure it is on target. So now when I use kstars and such will it still continue that path or will I have to manually move it?
2 years 3 months ago #78173

That was an easy fix! Glad it is working for you!

KStars can be used to GoTo and track an object. But before starting the tracking, it would be good to slew to a minimum of two targets in different parts of the sky and do a plate solve. It would align the mount model to the sky. You can get information on Indi websites or youtube about how to plate-solve. 
2 years 3 months ago #78174

So I got my telescope outside just to test things, but I am having a lot of issues platesolving. I keep getting the following message about checking sufficient stars and FOV. For some reason with 5 second long pictures I am getting pretty bad streaking and I never had that issue before. That is causing issues with focusing it seems. I was hoping to at least figure this out tonight, but it looks like I have more homework.

My set up is a 6se with a hyperstar on it and a 224mc camera.
2 years 3 months ago #78192

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 4.572 seconds