INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to off-center a comet in KStars ?

• Thank you received: 7
Hi,
I have a question about how to use Astroberry when taking photos of comets.

When I clic on the comet I want to photograph in KStars it set the core of the comet at center of the frame. But I want to have the core off-center to better use of the frame and get more of the comet's tail in the photo. I can center at some star at proper distances from the comet core and get that effect, but then I don't get the comet name as the prefix to the file name. Is there another way to do it ?

I'm a Windows man and Astroberry, Unix etc is a bit confusing to me.

/Lars
2 years 3 months ago #78414

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Do you use the scheduler? There you could edit the target name after setting the target coordinates.
2 years 3 months ago #78418

• Thank you received: 21
This should still work:
but I don‘t know, if this has impact on the file prefixes. Please let us know.
2 years 3 months ago #78435

Hi,
Thanks for fast respons.

I have never used the scheduler, but for sure I will do it in future. I can start to practice with it next time I have a clear sky. But I already have one question, what's the Sequence, looks to be related to some file connected to Ekos.

The other solution with use of WCS, I always store the files in raw format. Canon *.CR2. But internally it use the Fits format so it should work. I have a GPS in the system so time and coordinates should be correct.

Thanks a lot.

The latest Astroberry 2.0.4 solved a lot of small problem I had, most with mount and the seriel to USB cable, and also the GPS caused me a lot of trouble. Still, when I start the system the mopunt can cmómply about the port is already in use, but after some click and a restart it works.

/Lars
2 years 3 months ago #78455

• Thank you received: 33
Hi Lars,
If its just the image name prefix that you are worried about, you can edit the name in the Capture screen before initiating capture. Thats what I do many a time as I'd rather not have a cryptic name like IC xxx which I later will struggle to relate to.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by AstroMuni.
2 years 3 months ago #78492

Hi all,
It was very easy, just did as you told, over write the Prefix with my own comet name.

Thanks to all of you !

/Lars
2 years 3 months ago #78652

• Thank you received: 226
You can always slew to target, then reposition the framing with the mount slew controls or center on a selected point in the image preview.
2 years 3 months ago #78683

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds