INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry on 64 Bit RPI OS?

• Thank you received: 4
Good day all,

Is there any testing or thoughts for running Astroberry on 64 Bit Bullseye or Ubuntu?  Willing to help in this, but understand the underlying apps have to support 64 bit as well..

Thanks!
Jay S.
2 years 4 months ago #78594

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
I am also interesting where 64bit comes true:) I have connected fullframe ccd and have to off FITsViewer and image preview in order to avoid Ekos crashes due to memory deficit. Actually have 8Gb on board but 32bit OS can manage 4gb only. Stellarmate already deployed 64 beta version.
2 years 3 months ago #79524

Dmitri..

Have you tried the Beta yet?  May give it a go..  Astroberry appears to not even be on the current Buster version.  I am mostly interested in getting a good INDI library down and putting PHD2 on top of that.  I've done a manual (command line) upgrade of Buster to Bullseye with some success (32 bit) but not 100% solid..

I have a full 64 bit build on RPI 4 8GB with 256 m.2 card in a Argon 2 case.. running full SkyX and incredible performance using VNC back to a Macbook Pro...

Jay S.
2 years 2 months ago #79897

Jay, I've tried 64bit beta with stellarmate. It works better than 32b astroberry but sometimes kstars crashes when FITsViewer is enabled and 61mpx ccd connected.
And SM cannot connect my second cam - RisingCam IMX571C with touptek driver... Don't know why as astroberry works good with this cam.
I'm not very good at Linux to upgrade Astroberry to beta:)
I am using 64gb card with os and 128gb as external usb3 flash card for lights and connect via VNC.
I do not complain about performance, but stability leaves much to be desired.
2 years 2 months ago #79898

Dmitry..

Thanks.  I'll pick up Stellarmate to try and get some form of an INID lib on 64 bit architecture..  Again, mostly interested in looking at PHD2 there (if I can build it) ..  I'd like to have a KSTARS or Stellarmate as a backup to SkyX when doing outreach for example.. VNC facilitates that well (outreach)..

How do you like the RisingCam.  Have you found any deficiencies vs. a ZWO?  Certainly looks VERY appealing..  It's new(er), so I've seen driver issues elsewhere as well..

Will let you know how I make out..  I wish there was an INDI build for 64 bit Bullseye in general though..  Ubuntu and Bullseye are both at 64 bit now and would be nice to see the base libraries be able to take advantage of expanded memory!

Jay
2 years 2 months ago #79903

I think main producer of RisingCam is Toptek - the largest developer of ccds for microscopes, much larger than ZWO/QHY. It's a good cam, the same as ASI2600MC as it use IMX571 sensor, but with larger buffer size and wider cooling temp (up to 42 degrees). Here is some pics from RisingCam www.astrobin.com/users/dimitrii_trost/ - I am new to astrophotography. I use this cam around one year and there where no problem at all. Once overcooled the sensor and it fogged up. Another time forgot to set correct offset and subs were spoiled. Now I bought qhy600 mono and due to the size of the frames, a lack of memory immediately surfaced.
2 years 2 months ago #79908

Really nice work..  The camera does a very nice job..  Glad to see Askar (with reducer).  Had the FRA 400 and loved it, picked up the FRA 500 from someone on CN...   Still working on this end to try and find some method of getting to 64 bit..  May sign up for Stellarmate...

Jay
2 years 2 months ago #79945

Thanks. Askar has a great mechanics and corrected field as well and much cheaper than Takahashi or Esprit ) They say FRA500 takes into account all the shortcomings of previous models.
2 years 2 months ago #79946

Dmitri..

Anxious to find out on the 500.. (weather has been terrible)  but agree on aspects of construction - very impressive!!  but Esprit is pretty solid!  :-). (have the 120 - some mods on Dew cap helped!)   :-)

Jay
2 years 2 months ago #79950

Right now I'm making a dewсap from a ventilation pipe, 150mm is good sit on fra600 :) Esprit is good but two times expansive.
2 years 2 months ago #79954

Hello Dmitri...

Don't know if you've been following it, but there is a INDI install script now (with EKOS) which runs on 64 bit Raspberry Pi  Bullseye.  I also installed PHD2 and have that running.  This is outside the scope of Astroberry .. Standalone build of INDI/EKOS on top of the 64 bit OS...  Check the following thread...

Jay S. Indi Support for Bullseye 64 bit RPI4
2 years 2 months ago #80656

Hello Dmitri...

Don't know if you've been following it, but there is a INDI install script now (with EKOS) which runs on 64 bit Raspberry Pi  Bullseye.  I also installed PHD2 and have that running.  This is outside the scope of Astroberry .. Standalone build of INDI/EKOS on top of the 64 bit OS...  Check the following thread...

Jay S. 

Indi Support for Bullseye 64 bit RPI4
2 years 2 months ago #80657

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.188 seconds