INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Sound or voice notifications on remote WIN10 PC ?

• Thank you received: 6
I´m running ASTROBERRY on a RPi4/4GB.
The RPi is outside mounted on myEQ6R-Pro and connected via WiFi to my local network.
From inside my livingroom I'm observing and controling everything via Firefox or VNC viewer on a WIN10 PC.

What I am missing i a sound notification in case of something failed. In KSTARS there is the possibility to add for many events a pop-up and sound notification but the sound is not transfered via WiFi.

Is there a simple solution to bring those notification to the remote WIN PC? I know there is "pulseaudio" running on the RPi by default but I don't know what is needed in addition. Any idea or better a step-by-step solution?

Regards
Hardy
2 years 3 months ago #78628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
I disabled the sounds like some time ago, a bug or crash was cleared by disabling the sound files. Whether that has been cleared up I am not sure, but I still disabled them even on my Windows client.
2 years 2 months ago #79495

• Thank you received: 23
VNC does not transfer the sounds that come out from Rpi. You can use a bluetooth speaker if you are in the range, or other apps like Teamviewer or NoMachines thats stream out the sound from your Rpi
2 years 2 months ago #79497

• Thank you received: 6
Thank you guys!
I solved it by a work around. Instead of using sound notification in case of problems orsuccessfully  executed commands from EKOS I use now 2 bash scripts.
Each of them send a command to my home automation system ("Domoticz") in my living room.
Failures will switch on some blue LED lamps and important successfully performed commands switch on green LEDs in my room. After 3 seconds light will switch back to red LEDs I use during astrophotography.

Regards
Hardy
2 years 2 months ago #79502

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.842 seconds