INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Installing the indi-rpi-gpio in Astroberry 2.0.4

• Thank you received: 19
Hi all,
I'm currently testing some GPIO tasks to switch on and off things. I saw, that there was an gpio driver in INDI indilib.org/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-gpio-control.html where it was possible to switch several GPIO pins.

I set up a new Astroberry with the new 2.0.4 and tried to install the indi-rpi-gpio, since it was not installed from scratch.

Outcome was, that it is not possible to install the GPIO driver sinde there is a conflict with the pigpiod (it seem that there is a new one installed and the indi-rpi-gpio needs an older one)

Can somebody help here? Thank you.

Best regards

Jürgen

2 years 3 months ago #78868

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just some mor information on the errors during the try of installation of indi-rpi-gpio: Just some mor information on the errors during the try of installation of indi-rpi-gpio:
2 years 3 months ago #78873
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 53
You might need to build the driver from source. On Raspbian libpigpiod is included but it is not available under Ubuntu. So the libpigpiod library has been added to the INDI library (this is permitted by libpigpiod licence) but it is separated from the driver. This is an older version and the driver has a dependency on it.
So by building from source you can install just the driver without lipigpiod. The driver should work with the latest version of libpigpiod. If not, let me know and I can fix it.
I am the author of the driver but I am not very knowlegeable about Debian installer so build from source is what I would do in this case.
2 years 3 months ago #78883

Hi Ken,
thank you for your reply. Building from source was also an approach I thought of ;-) but I didn't found the sources in github.com/indilib/indi (can aou tell me were the source is for the future?) and I'm also not so familiar with compiling.
But I found yesterday, that at least in Astroberry there is the driver "Astroberry relays" (github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-diy) which is I think quite the same. The control of my relais worked with that :-)

I also use Stellarmate, but I didnt had the chance to check that in Stellarmate 1.6.1 (Kstars 3.5.6), as far as I remember, with the Stellarmate Version 1.6.0 (Kstars 3.5.5) it worked with the indi-rpi-gpio.
2 years 3 months ago #78886

• Thank you received: 53
The source code is in the INDI 3rd party library github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty
There is indi-rpi-gpio, libpigpiod and indi-asi-power which is the version that controls the ASI Air power controller.
The Astroberry relays driver also works fine and is much simpler. The RPi GPIO driver provides Pulse Width Modulation e.g. for controlling LED brightness or motor speed control, and periodic switching e.g. for triggering a DSLR imaging sequence
The following user(s) said Thank You: JuergenN
2 years 2 months ago #78896

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds