INDI Library v1.9.6 Released (21 May 2022)

Bi-monthly INDI Library released with new drivers and bug fixes.

Astroberry WiFi Logon Issues

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm having issues logging into the Astroberry Server. I have logged on locally and loaded all of my devices and control them with Ekos (Main & guide camera, mount, autofocus, and filter wheel - all work locally. I'm sure I am missing something simple, but when I connect my MacBook Pro to the astroberry WiFi and navigate to astroberry.local with Safari, I get the following

When I hit logon I get

Note: I changed the default password and use the new password successfully to logon locally. The above error was when I used my new password. When I tried the default password, I get

I have loaded & reloaded astroberry using both ApplePiBaker balenaEtcher many times. and Anyone have any ideas on how to get out of this rut? Is there a super-secret separate account used to logon to a remote session that I missed in the documentation? Any help is greatly appreciated.
4 months 3 weeks ago #78898
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Could be an issue with Network Manager and WPA2. I am about to write a small guide how I fixed the problem on my RP, but in short I deactivated Network Manager and used hostapd instead.
4 months 1 week ago #79249

• Thank you received: 374
I would suggest that you try with defaults first.
It is not related to network layer. It's all about authentication.
A password for remote access (VNC) is separate from user account password. You can set remote access password using VNC icon on the top bar.
--
Radek Kaczorek
Astroberry Server | Orion CT8 | Askar FRA 400 | NEQ6 (hypermod) | Atik 460EX | ASI 1600 | ASI 120MM | Atik EFW2
4 months 1 week ago #79264

• Thank you received: 4
I sort of gave up on this myself. I use standard VNC Client on my PC and work around it. Would be nice to know how to get it back again.
Malcolm
Telskop Service TS80 480mm APO FL53 Glass
Canon 450D DSLR
ASI120MM Guide camera.
HEQ5 Pro
TIC Focuser NG
Raspberry Pi 4 8GB with Astroberry
4 months 1 week ago #79374

Thanks Radek. I downloaded a VNC viewer for my MacBook & can setup a VNC session to the Astroberry and that work fine.
4 months 4 days ago #79594

Yeah, I guess I'm not really sure what is going on with the html access. I loaded a VNC viewer on my laptop per Radek's suggestion above and that works fine. If you ever figure out the issue, kindly let me know and I'll do the same.
4 months 4 days ago #79596

Hi Geo, if you ever care to post details, I'd like to hear more. In the meanwhile, I'm in using a VNC client on my laptop. Thanks
4 months 4 days ago #79597

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds