INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry WiFi Logon Issues

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm having issues logging into the Astroberry Server. I have logged on locally and loaded all of my devices and control them with Ekos (Main & guide camera, mount, autofocus, and filter wheel - all work locally. I'm sure I am missing something simple, but when I connect my MacBook Pro to the astroberry WiFi and navigate to astroberry.local with Safari, I get the following

When I hit logon I get

Note: I changed the default password and use the new password successfully to logon locally. The above error was when I used my new password. When I tried the default password, I get

I have loaded & reloaded astroberry using both ApplePiBaker balenaEtcher many times. and Anyone have any ideas on how to get out of this rut? Is there a super-secret separate account used to logon to a remote session that I missed in the documentation? Any help is greatly appreciated.
2 years 3 months ago #78898
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Could be an issue with Network Manager and WPA2. I am about to write a small guide how I fixed the problem on my RP, but in short I deactivated Network Manager and used hostapd instead.
2 years 2 months ago #79249

• Thank you received: 375
I would suggest that you try with defaults first.
It is not related to network layer. It's all about authentication.
A password for remote access (VNC) is separate from user account password. You can set remote access password using VNC icon on the top bar.
2 years 2 months ago #79264

• Thank you received: 5
I sort of gave up on this myself. I use standard VNC Client on my PC and work around it. Would be nice to know how to get it back again.
2 years 2 months ago #79374

Thanks Radek. I downloaded a VNC viewer for my MacBook & can setup a VNC session to the Astroberry and that work fine.
2 years 2 months ago #79594

Yeah, I guess I'm not really sure what is going on with the html access. I loaded a VNC viewer on my laptop per Radek's suggestion above and that works fine. If you ever figure out the issue, kindly let me know and I'll do the same.
2 years 2 months ago #79596

Hi Geo, if you ever care to post details, I'd like to hear more. In the meanwhile, I'm in using a VNC client on my laptop. Thanks
2 years 2 months ago #79597

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.103 seconds