INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Some bugs using Indi 1.9.3 with astroberry

• Thank you received: 5
I would like to see the Spectrum analysis of the interference. None of the reports I have seem only appear to the co-incedent reports not through EMI. Not to say the reports aren't true, It may have some logic to it, but product compliance is required on a lot of equipment, even Raspberry Pi is subject to it, with the exception to most Chinese designed products or hacks.
2 years 1 month ago #80522

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13
Some issues may be related to hardware but I know at least one reason for a crash is due to a known bug with the Pulsar Dome driver and there is a fix in the repository. Its not included in Astroberry yet so I have compiled my own 3rd party driver using the fixed driver source code and this has stopped most of the crashes. I still see occasional issues and haven't been able to pin down the reason yet.
I don't use Wifi, my raspberry pi is hardwired. I do use USB3 connections to ZWO camera. I re-imaged Astroberry on a second SD card and saw same issues so probably not due to a faulty SD card.
I think Astroberry is a great all-in-one system but to dismiss all crashes as due to users equipment would be a mistake.
2 years 1 month ago #80598

• Thank you received: 375
You are right. I was not precise enough saying 'all freezes and crashes'.
Anyway, believe me or not, after years of maintaining this system and handling users' reports this is hardware that should be inspected first (not blamed). And this would save lots of hours to anyone. The winner being "undervoltage" as users don't account for juice sucked by USB devices and focus on power needed for RPi only. Only after removing this issue software should be inspected, otherwise we're just using unstable platform to run software. Bad thing is that powered USB hubs are not always a solution as they introduce other issues on USB layer for some devices.
All the best and clear skies!
2 years 1 month ago #80610

• Thank you received: 13
I can understand it must be very difficult weeding out real bugs from equipment issues. I use 4 power supplies for the Dome, mount motors, EQ8 hub and Raspberry Pi and they all have allegedly sufficient amperage. Anyway I have identified the bug and the fix for the dome driver. Whilst I do see Kstars closing occasionally, I can't report any further bugs without more testing my end. I know Windows isn't popular with some developers but the visual interface is well developed and using Kstars on Raspberry Pi takes some getting used to. I spent sometime wondering why Kstars would disappear until I worked out it was the middle mouse button changing desktops! I do need a second screen to lay out all the forms when observing.

Thanks for all your good work.
2 years 1 month ago #80619

• Thank you received: 5
Just an update, after converting all my connectivity there was still a crash. Still yet to be determined what the issue but there can be no doubt that it has nothing to do with USB3 and 2.4GHz WiFi in relation to this issue at least. There is another thread that talks about crashing based on implementing a 5-second delay between captures that may have some worth to it. But this has a relationship with the camera downloading images from the camera to the RPi. If another image is taken and conflicts with this download sequence there may be a crash as a result.

Need more information and debugging to resolve. Maybe by then, I will have created an ASCOM driver for my focuser and no need to remain with INDI. There are too many features to use with the RPi to stop though so it would be good to continue.
2 years 1 month ago #80721

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds