INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cant connect to Astroberry relays

• Thank you received: 9
Ekos startup  initiates the connection to Astroberry relays, but fails to connect because it indicates one of the BCM pins is in use.  I try to reconfigure the BCM settings and it says it can't find the configuration file.  Any ideas???  Bruce
2 years 2 months ago #79695

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Bruce Morrell on topic Astroberry relays

I found the problem with the indi astroberry relays.  The issue I was having is that I wanted to change the order in which the relays were listed by changing the BCM pins.  The problem is the driver is not creating a config file in the home/astroberry/indi directory!

Does anyone know where the config file is??
Thanks Bruce
2 years 2 months ago #79803

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Malcolm Whinfield on topic Astroberry relays

I believe the relays are fixed in code. On GitHub see if there is a .h file that contains the setting for BCM pins.
2 years 2 months ago #79848

• Thank you received: 52

Replied by Gene N on topic Astroberry relays

The path I see to the config file is /home/USER/.indi
astroberry@astroberry:~ $ ls -altr .indi
total 52
-rw-r--r-- 1 astroberry astroberry 36864 Jan 20 14:39 profiles.db
drwxr-xr-x 23 astroberry astroberry 4096 Jan 20 17:23 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 astroberry astroberry 2751 Jan 24 09:07 'Astroberry Relays_config.xml.default'
-rw-r--r-- 1 astroberry astroberry 2751 Jan 24 09:07 'Astroberry Relays_config.xml'
drwxr-xr-x 2 astroberry astroberry 4096 Jan 24 09:07 .

I launched a simple
indiserver /usr/bin/indi_astroberry_relays

Then called up an INDI console
Navigated to Options tab for Relays, at bottom of tab did a 'Save' configuration

The above generated the files as shown above in the '.indi' directory (note the '.', note the 'rw' for owner)

Gene
2 years 2 months ago #79853

Replied by Bruce Morrell on topic Astroberry relays

Gentlemen,
I still have not found the config file, however I have figured out how to solve. Indi astroberry relay has a default assignment for BCM to gpio pins, which I was unable to change. The culprit was that I could not save any changes because there was a conflict between relay board and wave share servo board. Specifically BCM 13 and 19. IT dawned on me to remove servo board and then try reconfiguring relay board. That worked by eliminating pins 13 and 19 and assigning them BCM ports that were not used by any other application. Save, then reinstall wave share servo board.

The permanent fix is to allow the user to assign BCM ports to a null value and to define the number of relays(3, 4, 8 or what ever). I ended up using a wave share relay board that does not have conflicts with their servo board. The only artifact left over is that the Relay Board still has 8 relays with bogus BCM port assignments. Let user define number relays, the default BCM should be 26, 20 and 21 only.
2 years 2 months ago #79902

• Thank you received: 375
Features registered as issues #28 and #29 at the project source github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-diy/issues
2 years 2 months ago #80477

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, i'm facing the same issue for both the focuser and relays drivers.
I compiled Astroberry on a PINE A64 board running ubuntu.
I have also a comparison between the PI and PINE pinouts but even if I have the config files in the .indi folders after using the trick from Gene i'm not able to define custom pins.

My idea is to use the relay driver to control the shutter of my camera (fuji xt1) and I would like to do a DIY focuser with a nema motor for my red cat.

In general I would like to exploit the pins of my board instead of use a lot of arduinos plugged to usb ports. is it possible?

thank you in advance
Eugenio
7 months 2 weeks ago #95348

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.900 seconds