INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Recover Astroberry Rpi theme and layout

• Thank you received: 0
Running the Nov 21 version of Astroberry - KSTARS says3.5.5 Build: 2021-10-10T01:43:20Z on a headless RPi4 via VNC - wired or wifi

I've got an Ekos profile, plate solver files and a lot of logs. I've mostly used Astroberry/EKOS/INDi for controlling my mount and focuser and some trials at alignment.

Due to troubles with correct time I was installing an RTC and managed to get wrapped around the axle with ntpd - anyway am through that but during my efforts I got in a situation where the Rpi would only boot into the  'Cannot Currently Show the Desktop' mode.

/var/log/syslog reported
Feb 20 22:02:25 raspberrypi INDIWebManagerApp[1711]: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyqt.qpa.screen: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :0
Feb 20 22:02:25 raspberrypi INDIWebManagerApp[1711]: Could not connect to any X display.

Anyway after a lot of inet searching and different attempts I found a link to re-install lxsession
www.tomshardware.com/uk/how-to/fix-canno...p-error-raspberry-pi

This brought back the base Rpi desktop but without Astroberry's custo, e.g. icons and screen background.

Q1: is there anything else of Astroberry, EKOS or INDI I would have lost by re-installing lxsession ?
Q2: can I bring back the Astroberry theme stuff - screen layoutse - basically as I was before the loss of the desktop ?

Thanks for helping
Gray
2 years 1 month ago #80742

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.756 seconds