INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stacking Software under Astroberry on a Pi 4

• Thank you received: 0
I'm new to the astroberry community. I'm looking to do stacking for planetary and some deep sky objects. Any recommendations for software preinstalled on the astroberry o/s installation or anything that I could install that folks have been happy with?
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Rob Steele.
2 years 1 month ago #81130

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 21
Siril is available on Raspian OS (buster), the OS that Astroberry is based on. You can use the Debian package search to see which packages are available out of the box, by looking for „armhf“ architecture. Then use „sudo apt install <package>“
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Steele
2 years 1 month ago #81152

I was more looking for the names of possible programs that others have had success with using. Installing them would be the easy part.

Rob
2 years 1 month ago #81164

• Thank you received: 31
Rob,
I recommend ASTAP.
I have not tried it on astroberry but it works fine on Raspberry Pi OS, which is what I believe astroberry is using.
Paul
2 years 1 month ago #81165

• Thank you received: 41
For planetary stacking there are no real solution. I've been trying to install PlanetarySystemStacker with no luck (there are some dependencies not available yet on arm or arm64).

For deep sky stacking and some preprocessing and analysis I've been using SiriL. You must download and compile the most recent code on the repo, because the version included on Astroberry is very old. I've been using SiriL for more than a year with good results.

But this will be useful for a quick and dirty stack on the field. The Raspberry Pi doesn't have the needed performance for any serious image processing task.
2 years 1 month ago #81173

Thanks for that. I put this under a seperate topic as well, but do you know of any software for processing planeary and lunar images?
1 year 8 months ago #84927

When you say the Pi doesn't have the processing power is that a matter that it can not be done - or that it runs very slow. I generally put at least a 256 Gbyte card on my Pis and find they can run about anything - but slow.

Rob
1 year 8 months ago #85026

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.591 seconds