INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

VNC Loogin Error

• Thank you received: 5

VNC Loogin Error was created by Phil

I recently changed my WiFi password, but when I try to log in from VNC, I can't log in unless I type the default astroberry password. I've tried using both astroberry.local and the IP address for the server, but I can't log in with anything but astroberry for a password. This created an issue recently when my friend and I were both using Astroberries, and he was still at the default name, and our two machines became connected.

So I'm at a loss as to why this is.
1 year 10 months ago #82699

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Nigel Dunmore on topic VNC Loogin Error

WIFI password isn’t the password you login in with that’s just used to connect to your local wifi routers network. To change your user password you login, start a console up and use the passwd command to change it.

Regards

Nigel
1 year 10 months ago #82701

also if you’ve got two astroberries then I think you need to change the host name of one to distinguish the machines from each other.
1 year 10 months ago #82702

Replied by Phil on topic VNC Loogin Error

OK well, I changed the VNC login password using the VNC applet, I did not realize it had it's own password. I assume that's how the 2 computers got intertwined. However you got me thinking about the host name, how do you change that?

Thanks.
1 year 10 months ago #82706

On linux it’s usually change the entries in /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts and reboot. However it looks like it’s been made straightforward on raspberries. From the astroberry docs
:-

How can I have multiple astroberries on the same network?
Rename your Astroberry using raspi-config and edit the hostname, then restart. It is then available as newname.local. For changing the WiFi hotspot’s name, run nm-connection-editor. You can then make it connect to your other astroberry‘s WiFi.

BTW if you are changing the password in vnc on your pc/mac then you also need to change it on the raspberry pi as all it’s doing is passing that in as the default password afaik
1 year 10 months ago #82709

Replied by Phil on topic VNC Loogin Error

Well I changed the password in the Pi VNC. The PC is mere connecting to it, so I just changed the connection password in the VNC Viewer app on Windows to the new VNC password.

I think that will take care of the situation, but if need be I'll change the host name as well. Thanks for your help.
1 year 10 months ago #82792

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds