INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

64bit Astroberry

• Thank you received: 33

Replied by AstroMuni on topic 64bit Astroberry

Is there any news on when we can expect to see the 'official' 64bit Astroberry release?
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
1 year 1 month ago #91323

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Hartmut on topic 64bit Astroberry

I had a similar question some weeks ago and never got a direct answer, just how to compile my own Bulseye Astroberry.
I love my old Astroberry working for me since 2 years with 3 setups, 5 cameras, 3 focussers and so on.

Unfortunately the developer of the Astroberry-Server doesn`t appear anymore anywhere :-(

However I just finished a N.I.N.A. project Mini-PC last week and now have 2 systems in parallel mounted on my EQ6.
Waiting for CS and 1st Light with N.I.N.A. If everything will work as expected I think I will remove and bury the PI because I woul like to have a future-proof system.

Cheers,
Hardy
1 year 1 month ago #91375

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by MORELLI on topic 64bit Astroberry

On my side, I bought Stellarmate in order to thank Jasem and his team for all the work they offer us.
I have also created a system with Ubuntu-Mate arm64. Then just install mutlaqja ppa then indi, gsc, kstars-bleeding.
For PHD2, ppa: pch/phd2. Update and install phd2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by MORELLI.
1 year 1 month ago #91377

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Nigel Dunmore on topic 64bit Astroberry

Yeah I sort of decided to do the same thing - switch from astroberry to stellarmate. Not only am I now up to date (not sure that’s always a good thing so sticking with stable releases) but I’ve now got the ios app and the web dashboard and nonvc and vnc and rdp (easiest way to get the right screen resolution it seems) and ekos live as ways to connect. The app and dashboard are worth the cost in themselves to me.

Now if only I could get the desktop pager to work correctly…

Currently happy bunny just waiting for clear skies.
1 year 1 month ago #91387

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Hartmut on topic 64bit Astroberry

I bought Stellarmate for a 2nd setup (EAA) some years ago. Great to handel with a tablet only!

But very often had the problem that after an update of the Stellarmate APP it will not work anymore.
In these cases I had to remove the complete installation on my devices (iPAD & Android the same) and reinstall it. After that I have to setup all profiles again. :-(
1 year 1 month ago #91409

• Thank you received: 34

Replied by Simon on topic 64bit Astroberry

Here is awsome script for converting your Raspberry OS Bullseye 64bit to almost Astroberry like OS gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-build.
And here is my article with instructions for whole process: saimons-astronomy.webador.com/1216039_as...ndi-libcamera-driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefan, Hartmut, AstroMuni
1 year 1 month ago #91418

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Pavel on topic 64bit Astroberry

Well, so I tried migrating to Stellarmate as well. First I was afraid it is a closed system, but it is not really closed at all. Just a small donation to the INDI development to download the base image. But my PyIndi scripts do not work like they did on Astroberry anymore. :( Strange issues and errors. Maybe because of the recent upgrade to INDI 2.0 and changes in API that are not fully projected to the PyIndi yet? Also, the joystick driver is crashing and my myFocuser does not want to connect to the hotspot anymore, despite of the same SSID/password/IP setting.
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Pavel.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93776

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Aaron Morris on topic 64bit Astroberry

There are some relatively minor changes needed for indi clients and 2.0.0+. This was not a problem with pyindi-client specifically, but all indi clients.

github.com/indilib/pyindi-client/issues/32
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pavel
9 months 3 weeks ago #93780

Replied by Łukasz S. on topic 64bit Astroberry

Hello there
I've made "unofficial astroberry 64-bit relase" based ond Debian 11. It just "works for me" but if you familiar with Linux (Debian) you can try install it:
github.com/sanlupkim/astroberry-bullseye
Some features:
indilib 2.0.3
kstars 3.6.4
phd2 2.6.11dev6
oacpture (64bit)
Some other apps (i.e hnsky, skychart, ccdciel, astap) has arm64 version and install clean from homepages.

regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sebastien Corot, AstroMuni
7 months 1 week ago #95785

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by Sebastien Corot on topic 64bit Astroberry

Thank you Lukasz for your tutorial.
However I am struglling on installing kstars due to the missing libstellasolver. Also, can you be more specific on "rest indi* works from "apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly" ? Which ubuntu flavor is compatible with debian 11 used by raspian os ?

Regards,
Sebastien
7 months 2 days ago #95888

Replied by Łukasz S. on topic 64bit Astroberry

Oh yes, there is some "mist" on my tutorial.
libstellarsolver is available at astroberry.repo - www.astroberry.io/repo/pool/main/libs/li....3+deb11u1_arm64.deb
According to "mutlaqja/indinightly" repo - browse it - launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+packages, look for version \*ubuntu20.04.1 and filename ending \*arm64.deb.
I've installed cleanly packages from this repo:
ii  indi-asi                                      2.3+t202306010428~ubuntu20.04.1   arm64     
ii  indi-dreamfocuser                             2.1+t202304052123~ubuntu20.04.1   arm64     
ii  indi-eqmod                                    1.0+t202304052024~ubuntu20.04.1   arm64     
ii  indi-webcam                                   1.0+t202304052128~ubuntu20.04.1   arm64     
Other pkgs. - didnt try casue dont need. If something can't be installed I can try build it for Debian 11.

Regards,
Last edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by Łukasz S..
6 months 4 weeks ago #95969

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by ALESSANDRO PENSATO on topic 64bit Astroberry

Just install Raspbian OS 64bit and add Stellarmate repos and install INDI
6 months 4 weeks ago #95970

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.558 seconds