INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KSTARS can't change language

• Thank you received: 7
Earlier this year something happened with the language at the menus of KStars. Earlier I had it in English, but now it's in Swedish (where I live). Very bad, easier to understand English, and when I do screen dumps no one understand the Swedish menus. I tried to change it to English in KStars' help menu, but it doesn't work, it is still Swedish and I have restarted KStars.

It's Astroberry 2.0.4

How to solve this problem ?

/Lars
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Lars.
1 year 5 months ago #87712
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6
Hi Lars,
I am experiencing the same problem. I live in France and Kstars language is locked in french.
I already reported the bug and Jasem confirmed the issue (bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=458412).
See also this topic: www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/12275-how-do-...nu-doesn-t-work.html.
Pierre-Yves
1 year 5 months ago #87744

Replied by Lars on topic KSTARS can't change language

Hi Pierre-Yves,
Good, then this bug is well known. Bit no serious problem can still use the KStars.

I see in your info that you use a joystick, what for ?

/Lars
1 year 5 months ago #87746

Hi Lars,

The 8BitDo-N30 is a very small and light BT joystick that can be also wired via USB to the mount RPi server.

I can control RA and DEC displacements, speed, park/unpark, mount stop. I can also control the focuser (in/out and motor stop).

Actually, I mainly use it in visual mode. The main drawback of the BT operation is the auto off after few minutes that cannot be disabled.

Pierre-Yves
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lars
1 year 5 months ago #87769

Replied by Lars on topic KSTARS can't change language

A couple of days ago I formated my SD card to to do a new instal. I had to start from the beginning agian because I have alltered so much parameters. To my surprize when I did this the labguage of the menus changed back to English, even when I setup the keyboard, time, date to Swedish standard.

Lucky day !

/Lars
1 year 4 months ago #89076

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic KSTARS can't change language

Help > Switch application language. Change the "primary language" to the language desired. You may need to install an associated keyboard for this language via Windows settings. Proofing tools are spelling and grammar check.
official website
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by a Guest.
1 year 4 months ago #89085

Hi Lars,

I didn't make any fresh install (only regular updates) but running Kstars today, I also notice that the bug is now fixed. Nice !

Pierre-Yves
1 year 4 months ago #89088

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.836 seconds