INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

32Bit support RPi ended for Astroberry?

• Thank you received: 107
Yes. After that it is same as with 32bit version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sergio
1 year 2 months ago #89619

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
there is no KSTARS/INDI/EKOS for the 64 bit OS.. Try loading Ubuntu 20.04 server onto the Pi-4 then research how to load the desk top. I didn’t complete the latter because Ubuntu still has the complete full and latest 3.6.3 KSTARS and 1.9.7 INDI drivers so I run this on my Ubuntu Lenovo Laptop and it is trouble free. I am not sure about Ubuntu 22 since I don’t intend to go there so soon.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Bbillp.
1 year 2 months ago #89622

No, after the image is copied to the Pi SD using on of the Pi utilities then the image is booted, there is NO COMPILING.
1 year 2 months ago #89623

Use a new SD, image copy the 64 bit OS to the SD and boot, thats it BUT there is NO compatible KSTARS so don’t destroy the 32 bit SD.
1 year 2 months ago #89624

• Thank you received: 3
Hi nou
It doesn't finish compiling, I tried the stable and the last one and the same thing, I installed Linux raspberrypi 5.15.84-v8+ #1613 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 5 12:03:08 GMT 2023 aarch64 on an RBPi 4 2Gb
Disable graphical environment to free memory and nothing...
It was a test since the astroberry that I am using does not publish updates or the 64 version, I will continue looking for alternatives
Best regards!
Osvaldo

Crash compiler
5%] Built target KStarsLib_autogen
[ 5%] Built target pofiles-8aa2a15703482a44d95749b3febf6173
[ 5%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o
[ 5%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/indi/clientmanager.cpp.o
[ 5%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/indi/blobmanager.cpp.o
[ 5%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/indi/guimanager.cpp.o
c++: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:900: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1512: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:149: all] Error 2
KStars failed
1 year 2 months ago #89676

• Thank you received: 6
Currently I will keep ongoing with Astroberry for some time since everything (all of my cameras and mounts) is working well.
Hope that one time in the next month the "Astroberry project" will come with an 64Bit image.
However over the years I think an update/upgrade will be neccessary if I have to stay with 32Bit Astroberry.

One solution could be the AstroPi3 Project: github.com/rlancaste/AstroPi3
Hope it will be supported in future. It is based on 64Bit and looks not bad from what I can see from the screenshots

The alternative for me will be a MELE QUIETER 3C oder 3Q PC based on WIN11 + N.I.N.A.
3 or 4 USB3.0 / (1 x USB-C on type C) 12V and only 2A power consumption...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Osvaldo Paez
1 year 2 months ago #89679

Osvaldo Paez: oh only 2GB Pi you will need to disable any parallel compilation. edit build scripts and add this JOBS=1 line after cd "$ROOTDOR" like this.
cd "$ROOTDIR"
JOBS=1

Then it should compile just fine.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by nou.
1 year 2 months ago #89681

Thank you, what I wanted was to test the new versions of INDI, it seems to be OK, the RB that I have in the telescope is a 4G one, this one that I use now is for testing.
I use Kstars and the rest of the software from a mac, the RB only as an INDI server
I'm going to try what you talk me
Thank you very much, regards
1 year 2 months ago #89682

Hi NOU
Sorry for bothering you, I updated and wanted to install the new stable version and I always get the same error in the same place, I tried the last one and the same thing, I deleted everything and installed everything from scratch and it always cuts in the same place, where is the problem?
Best regards, Osvaldo

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libqhyccd.so: undefined reference to `cvCvtColor'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libqhyccd.so: undefined reference to `cvCreateImageHeader'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libqhyccd.so: undefined reference to `cvAddS'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libqhyccd.so: undefined reference to `cvCreateImage'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libqhyccd.so: undefined reference to `cvAvgSdv'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [indi-qhy/CMakeFiles/qhy_video_test.dir/build.make:105: indi-qhy/qhy_video_test] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2801: indi-qhy/CMakeFiles/qhy_video_test.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 70%] Building CXX object indi-dsi/CMakeFiles/indi_dsi_ccd.dir/DsiDeviceFactory.cpp.o
[ 71%] Building CXX object indi-dsi/CMakeFiles/indi_dsi_ccd.dir/DsiPro.cpp.o
[ 71%] Building CXX object indi-dsi/CMakeFiles/indi_dsi_ccd.dir/DsiColor.cpp.o
[ 71%] Building CXX object indi-dsi/CMakeFiles/indi_dsi_ccd.dir/DsiProII.cpp.o
[ 72%] Building CXX object indi-dsi/CMakeFiles/indi_dsi_ccd.dir/DsiProIII.cpp.o
[ 72%] Building CXX object indi-dsi/CMakeFiles/indi_dsi_ccd.dir/DsiColorII.cpp.o
[ 72%] Building CXX object indi-dsi/CMakeFiles/indi_dsi_ccd.dir/DsiColorIII.cpp.o
[ 73%] Building CXX object indi-dsi/CMakeFiles/indi_dsi_ccd.dir/DsiTypes.cpp.o
[ 73%] Building CXX object indi-dsi/CMakeFiles/indi_dsi_ccd.dir/Util.cpp.o
[ 73%] Linking CXX executable indi_dsi_ccd
[ 73%] Built target indi_dsi_ccd
make: *** [Makefile:171: all] Error 2
INDI 3rd-party failed
osvpaez@raspberrypi:~/astro-soft-build $
1 year 1 month ago #90314

I have no idea why qhy driver want to opencv? Maybe just disable QHY driver with "cmake -DWITH_QHY=False" command and try rebuild.
1 year 1 month ago #90318

Ok, I'll try later, thanks!
1 year 1 month ago #90322

Hi NOU
I found the problem and was able to install build-soft-stable.sh with no problem.
With the previous version of build-soft-stable.sh INDI did not recognize QHY 5-II M for me, I installed sdk_Arm64_23.01.11 from QHY and it recognized it for me, it seems that build-soft-stable.sh was colliding with the SDK, so I uninstalled the SDK removing all its files and build-soft-stable.sh worked perfectly.
Best regards
Osvaldo
1 year 1 month ago #90355

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 2.063 seconds