INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help needed with Astroberry + Canon EOS 60D (+ kstars)

• Thank you received: 3
I built an Open Astro Tracker and I'm trying to figure out all the software needed, but have issues with the camera connection.

I have my 60D connected to Raspberry running Astroberry using USB-cable. With "Canon DSLR" driver I couldn't get the camera connection working at all to Ekos in Kstars. I only get this "Unable to remotely establish: + Canon DSLR Please ensure the device is connected and powered on." The device is on and in Manual mode.

I found some tip somewhere to test with gphoto2 and that works on the CLI of astroberry (but only when I turn focus to manual on the objective .. but that's not a breaking issue et this point).

So then I tried with gphoto driver on the Astroberry and I can actually get a photo captured on Ekos CCD tool. Also Live video works, although it's really slow and laggy.

Using gphoto driver, the exposure etc controls are not working correctly. For example on Polar Alignment tool, if I have 3s exposure selected, it's taking 3 photos with some really short exposure. If I change that to 6 seconds, it's taking 6 short exposure photos. And none of these photos get solved in the Polar Alignment tool, so I'm not sure if the photo data is getting through.

So: does anyone know how to get 60D working with Canon DSLR driver or how I could fix the gphoto driver configuration so it would work with kstars?
1 year 2 months ago #89774

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
This was actually solved my using Bulb mode instead of Manual. Looks like I misread all the instructions stating "manual or bulb" and thought it was ok to use either.
1 year 1 month ago #90302

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds