INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Remote connectivity from Astroberry using a LAN

• Thank you received: 2
Hi

I currently use some powerline terminals to connect my laptop which controls my imaging kit using Windows and Ascom over Ethernet to my home router.

I am a new user of Astroberry on a Raspberry Pi and would like to connect the Pi in the same way ie Ethernet to my home router (the Wifi has insufficient range)

I can connect the Astroberry image to my home wireless network and it works fine using VNC. However I cannot get it to connect using wired Ethernet to my router even without my powerline terminals using a simple Ethernet cable

Can anyone help me set this up please ? - I am new to Linux.

Thanks
5 years 2 months ago #34426

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
Could you provide details on "cannot get it to connect using wired Ethernet to my router"?
Do the ethernet port leds blink after connection?
Does your router assign a dynamic IPs to new network devices automatically (i.e. with DHCP)?
Is RPi visible on network devices list in the router administration panel?
Can you ping RPi's IP address?

BTW. Please don't double post. I removed another post for the same topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian
5 years 2 months ago #34436

• Thank you received: 2
Thanks for your response Radek
Apologies the double post occurred because I thought the first one had gone astray !
Anyhow I will do some further investigation into your questions about the IP layer and post back with the answers
However I presume that provided all is well with the IP connection to the router I should be able to connect in the same way as with Wifi ie by typing astroberry.local into my browser address bar ?
Cheers
5 years 2 months ago #34439

• Thank you received: 375
Yes, this is correct. Depending on the local network configuration, astroberry.server name is not always resolved. In such a case you need to use IP address. All the rest works the same.
Good luck!
5 years 2 months ago #34440

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds