INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Update Kstars?

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

The github Astroberry page says:

“Starting from version 1.1.0 you need to ref lash your microSD card with the latest image file to upgrade the system. To upgrade your operating system use regular procedure by running apt, apt-get, aptitude or Software Updater.”

Does this mean that I cannot update, for instance , Kstars without breaking something?

Thanks for the help.

Stephen S.
5 years 2 months ago #34756

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Update Kstars?

No, feel free to update the system and it's components (including KStars and INDI drivers) with standard "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade".
The previous versions of Astroberry Server included independent update scripts, so Astroberry Server itself could be updated. Now, when you flash version X you can only update & upgrade with standard "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade" and if an Astroberry Server version Y is released, you have to reflash SD card to use it. In other words when you start using version X you can update system components but cannot upgrade to version Y. This can be accomplished only by reflashing SD card.
Answering your (next) question - what's could be a difference between version X and Y of Astroberry Server - specific configuration, custom drivers not distributed with apt-get updates, new applications etc.
5 years 2 months ago #34761

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Stephen Symons on topic Update Kstars?

Great! Thanks for the help and especially for making Astroberry available.

Cheers,

Stephen
5 years 2 months ago #34762

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Andres Rossi on topic Update Kstars?

Hi Kaczorek. I has updated and upgrated from version 1.1.0 and now many things stoped work. I can't start VAP, hwclock and bind the serial port to the Bluetooth adapter anymore from rc.local. When I run the commands in the terminal I get the messages "permission denied".
Any suggestion? Thanks
5 years 2 months ago #35026

Did you update by standard "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade"? or by any chance you ran "do-release-upgrade"?
5 years 2 months ago #35027

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Andres Rossi on topic Update Kstars?

Only by the standar apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.
5 years 2 months ago #35028

None of the custom components of the Astroberry Server is updated nor changed with update commands. I suppose something wrong happened with your system during update.
Try reflashing your SD card and updating the system again. Otherwise the only thing I can suggest is a remote TeamViewer session.
5 years 2 months ago #35033

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.788 seconds