INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SkySafari losing sync with Kstars

• Thank you received: 50
This may be much more of a general issue than Astroberry related, but I will start here. Running Astroberry server driving an EQMOD (SkyWatcher) mount. I set up the mount for level and North facing and over the afternoon used the Sun to correct the tracking (Solar rate) in anticipation of a session viewing Mercury. I slewed a couple of times during the daylight to wards Mercury and back to the Sun, using Kstars on my Ubuntu MATE 18.04 laptop as the primary control. I also monitored the mount movements on my iPad running SkySafari 5 plus, connected to the telescope. Once or twice during the day I used the SkySafari to control the scope slewing. I noticed that there could be a discrepancy between the position shown on the SkySafari map and on Kstars on my laptop. After sunset I observed Mercury for some time, then set my mount to Park. The mount final position was not exactly at the original Park position. Does anyone have any suggestion, please, why the two controllers may have lost sync with each other and why the Park position had changed?
5 years 1 month ago #35563

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
I have just faced the same problem - park position of the mount has changed. I think it must be related to the latest INDI library update, not KStars. I keep everything running on Raspberry so it's not a sync issue between clients on PC and Raspberry.
I have no idea where it comes from. Jasem aka @knro might have some input to this.
5 years 1 month ago #35657

I will check this tonight and see if I can see any discrepancy when parking.
5 years 1 month ago #35670

• Thank you received: 50
I am running Astroberry independently of any Internet connection, so I must still have the earlier version of the INDI library. Last evening I ran my usual setup but used SkySafari on the iPad only to monitor the mount position, and issued all instructions to slew with the Kstars installed on my laptop. When finally I parked the mount, it had returned correctly to its original position.
5 years 1 month ago #35672

• Thank you received: 375
OK, so apparently it's not related to the last update. On the other hand I updated INDI & KStars yesterday just before overnight session and I found my mount parked in a position rotated 90 degrees to regular (normally I park to "point to polaris" position, but today it was pointing polaris but RA axis was 90 degrees to the west). I checked parking position saved in the configuration file and it was the same as EQMod was showing, despite physical position was different.
5 years 1 month ago #35698

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds