INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Do I dare change my name and pw? All this astroberry typing is diving me batty

• Thank you received: 53
I changed my name from astroberry to Ron. Later - I cilcked ABOUT ME it said I was Ron and that my user name was astroberry.
??????????
Not easy to remember or type - I like things that are SHORT and EASY.

For example - my first install I could not update and it allowed me to use ONE SPACE BAR TAP for a pw. I was thrilled.

I reinstalled and updated it now (AND I HATE NOTHING MORE) than when a program tells me my pw is to short, or to simple or or not allow.

PLEASE CHANGE THIS BACK TO ALLOW THE USER TO SELECT THEIR PW! ANY PW THE USER WANTS! P LE A S E it's my pet peeve.
ESPECIALLY when the OS forces me to enter my pw 50 times a work session. I do not care if I walk away from the computer and someone
comes up to it. I do NOT CARE. I want quick and easy - I do not want secure.

Anyway my attemps to enter my name instead and a password I like and can remember has been tricky. How bout you at least gives us a SHORT CUT KEY and we can put astroberry in a key combo to enter the string.
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

5 years 1 month ago #35651

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
Ron, what you are requesting is far beyond that Astroberry Server is and does. User and password management is an operating system feature, not Astroberry feature.
The system is built on standard Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and none of these were even touched or reconfigured.
BTW. You don't change user's name in systems, you add other user accounts. You can easily do this in any linux distribution and also in Astroberry.
BTW2. Why would a system force you to enter pw 50 times a work session? Did you activate screen lock?
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Radek Kaczorek.
5 years 1 month ago #35663

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds