INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry and IPad

• Thank you received: 0
hmmm, but this is what i like so much about Astroberry, that i start the Raspi and can control it just from my device, with just opening a webbrowser.
Is thar (maybe) a problem with older Apple Software, or in general a Problem with Macs?

CS Frank
5 years 1 month ago #35742

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic Astroberry and IPad

No, I agree your should not need to open a web browser, nor start INdI server manually via terminal either...the server should star automatically with ekos..it does on mine... :)
Can’t help with the iPad issues....sorry.. :)
5 years 1 month ago #35743

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by J. Hill on topic Astroberry and IPad

I just confirmed that it that the Astroberry web server does work OK with the Ipad 4 and Safari. On the left menu bar, selecting the hand symbol (top symbol) will let you navigate around the desktop. I had to make sure that the mouse icon just below that (second from top) had the left click button highlighted blue before I could navigate the menus, etc. Pressing the mouse icon will toggle between the mouse left, center wheel, right, and none. Let me know if this helps.
5 years 1 month ago #35746

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Astroberry and IPad

Frank, does it apply to sliding menu in a web browser only? If so you can skip this and define your profile in Ekos as local and start everything from there.

@AstroNerd, you miss the concept - in Astroberry you can use browser as a VNC client to access desktop remotely ;-)
5 years 1 month ago #35747

Hi,

i´ve tried that already. And it doesnt help in all cases. I can for instance click on the little checkmark box saying autostart, but if i´d like to define for instance my own setup, i can´t choose and type in something. Its weird.

CS Frank
5 years 1 month ago #35749

Hi Radek,

yes, its only the slide menu (as far as i can see by now). OK this could be a go around. To strange that it works in Safari on my MacBook though.

CS Frank
5 years 1 month ago #35750

Yes. There is some strange behaviour when using the Ipad. I just tested what you described with my Ipad 4, and found that the dropdown box for Drivers works as expected, but not for Profile. When I access the Web Manager directly through port 8624 , both work as expected.

BTW , I think that Astroberry Server is a great project. I have just started using it again when I got my Raspberry Pi Camera driver to work with Mate.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by J. Hill.
5 years 1 month ago #35755

Hi,

whats a possible Solution for that? I´m sure i´m not the only one using an IPad:-)
CS Frank
5 years 1 month ago #35756

A couple of possible solutions is to either define your profile in Ekos as local and start everything from there as Kaczorek described, or access the Web Manager directly and setup and save the profile. To access it directly, just add ':8624' to the end of the IP address that you are using to access Astroberry with your browser now. Ex - '192.168.0.123:8624'
5 years 1 month ago #35757

hm, stupid question, but how do i get the ip adress? Do i have to ping it while it is connected? send a ping on a mac is different than on pc as far as i know!? or do i think to complicated here?

CS Frank
5 years 1 month ago #35778

The short answer is, whatever you are typing into your browser to access the astroberry is your astroberry's IP address.

A couple of other ways to get the IP address is to check your router's connected devices, or type 'ifconfig' into the Mate terminal. With ifconfig, if you are connected via wifi, it will be the inet addr under wlan0.
5 years 1 month ago #35788

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Astroberry and IPad

You can access INDI webmanager directly both ways: IP_ADDRESS:8624 or astroberry.local:8624
The easiest way to find IP address is "ping astroberry.local" from your PC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Sackenheim
5 years 1 month ago #35799

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds