INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Network issues!!

• Thank you received: 0
So, I WAS able to connect my astroberry server to my WLAN and remote onto it via the browser.... (note, was!!)

I decided to try and get the VAP working so I could connect in the field, and this is where it all went wrong!! I was not able to connect to the RPi at all using the 'astroberry' VAP, although my Ubuntu client 'seemed' to connect and receive an IP address. No matter what I tried (browser, VNC) I could not connect.

So, I went back to my WLAN to try and figure things out, and now the RPi won't connect to the WLAN at all... I've tried a static IP address, but that didn't work and now I get a "No DHCPOFFERS received" message when I restart the wlan0 interface! I can only access by plugging into the device with screen/keyboard/mouse, I can't remote to it at all...

The wpa_supplicant file shows the network correctly, and I have even deleted the entry and redone the wlanconf but still no joy!

Any thoughts??

I really don't want to rebuild if I can get away with it....

Thanks!
5 years 2 weeks ago #36512

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Stephen Symons on topic Network issues!!

This happened to me a lot in the beginning but the mistakes were my own. I just installed a new image on the sd card and tried again. Each time I make a successful change I make a backup image so I can revert to that after my next mistake without losing previous work.

Cheers,

Stephen
5 years 2 weeks ago #36520

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Network issues!!

I have just replied to your post on Stargazers forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren Jehan
5 years 2 weeks ago #36525

• Thank you received: 53

Replied by Ron Kramer on topic Network issues!!

The network 'utils' on astrob wern't good. I never understood what was going on - it would ask me for my network and always said - already listed.
I tried to figure out what was going on. I dug around and yes, checked out and edited the wpa_supplicant file too. It would connect to my 2G and I
wanted it to connect to 5G. I tried lan and wifi and it was dog slow so I gave up. (my mint networking was SO MUCH BETTER) . I understand
keeping the astroberry as a minimal config is a necessity... but I still needs proper utils. I bought the Stellarmate today and it has MUCH better networking tools.
Chrome already installed, other necessary links for updates. I like it a lot more. Worth the 49 bucks even if you have astroberry. Give it a go.
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Ron Kramer.
5 years 2 weeks ago #36526

Replied by Darren Jehan on topic Network issues!!

Hi Radek - thanks! Sorry for cross-posting!!
5 years 1 week ago #36557

Replied by Darren Jehan on topic Network issues!!

Hi Ron
My issues were my own too! I was ignoring the capitalisation in my SSID name! Once corrected, it was all good!
I'll stick with 'berry for now, but good luck with your Stellarmate!
5 years 1 week ago #36558

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.600 seconds