INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic)

• Thank you received: 375
So it looks like 5GHz wifi on RPi 3B+ is real pain in the neck :-/
4 years 11 months ago #37700

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 74
Unless I am going mad(quite poss) - 5ghz now connects ok but ns lookup still fails - works on wired and 2.4 fine.

Perhaps by the time its released it will be sorted :-)

Plus it appears to me to me very slow compared to the old 32bit 16.04 but that could be just my imagination - no facts :-)

Perhaps mate 18.04 is a step too far with a desktop for RPI3B+ ?
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 11 months ago #37708

• Thank you received: 27
I built an RPI based on 18.04, using the script:
github.com/avarakin/astropi
All is up and running, including WAP, but I am seeing a lot of crashes of Kstars.
Was anyone else able to get 18.04 running? Is Kstars stable for you?

Alex
4 years 10 months ago #38536

• Thank you received: 140

Well ,loaded it and got it up and running over hard wired network, but can’t for the life of me get the WiFi to connect to my network on boot up, have up in the end, am I missing something simple here, as it does not have same easy settings at the top right as SM.. ?
4 years 10 months ago #38880

• Thank you received: 28
Hi Astronerd, no i don't think you are missing anything.

I have tried getting wifi stable in ubuntu 18.04 running on my tinker board (which works, but is very flakey, its on and off) and intel compute stick (really doesn't work unles you use a powered usb hub and external wifi adapter) for about 3 months with limited luck.

So i have just gone back to 16.04 and everything is stable again.
4 years 10 months ago #38892

• Thank you received: 5
I did a release update to 18.04.2 and everything works fine.
That said I only run the INDI drivers and PHD2 on my RPi. Then I run KStars/Ekos on my windows laptop and connect over WiFi.
4 years 10 months ago #38902

• Thank you received: 140

No, I can’t get it to connect on 16.04...I just dont see how the WiFi settings all work, it’s nothing like the simplicity of Stellarmate WiFi settings...
4 years 10 months ago #38903

• Thank you received: 74
RPI3b+ - As far as I am aware ,after my last test , 5ghz Wifi still does not work - 2.4ghz Wifi works fine.

But as already pointed out this version (Ubuntu Mate 18.04 workstation release ) is a "beta" release so not the finished article. 18.04 file server version has been working for over 1 yr.

IMHO it is not advisable to run the official Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Workstation version on a RPI3b+ if you want a stable Ekos/Kstars platform - the latter Indi Software not being the problem as far as I am aware as it runs fine on other hardware platforms using 18.04.

Perhaps the Indi developers would clarify the situation with RPI3b+ ,18.04.02 Workstation and Kstars/Ekos :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 10 months ago #38904

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.621 seconds