INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar Alignment issue with EKOS and Astrometry

• Thank you received: 17
Is your system time correct? Type date in a console and check.
4 years 3 months ago #47100

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
@AradoSKYindi if so, your CCD is probably not getting the time from your mount. Are you sure you configured your CCD driver correctly? Go to INDI panel, CCD driver tab, Options tab - what is your "snoop device" for telescope?
4 years 3 months ago #47103

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. I am in KSTARS and in each CCD Option Snoop device list are

1. Telescope = EQMOUNT
2. Rotator = Rotator Simulator
3. Focuser = Focuser Simulator
4. Filer = Filter Simulator
5. Sky Quality = SQM

I do not see and option for three CCD snooping devices. It would seem to me that all devices in the EKOS grouping should be linked to the Mount. If the Mount has Time and Date, all identities in the EKOS group show get their needs from the Mount.

Under Telescope, two buttons say Primary / Guide. I have set all CCD in the mix as Primary. I think this messes up PHD2 and its INDI camera driver. With everything listed as Telescope, PHD2 presents the null list and provides the stock drive for the ZWO. The QHYCCD devices are excluded.
4 years 3 months ago #47137

Hello,

I am testing today while it is partly cloudy and sun. I did several changes and then unplug the internet. The GPSD still functions and automatically updates the Date and Time for the EKOS system. Under each CCD, I selected Save to File and saved. The location is now linked to today. I noticed the Object and Sequence Selection tab of EKOS is keeping tabs with the DATE and TIME of the Mount. Maybe the XML file was corrupted. I manually changed the Job Startup Selections and Job Completed selections to be current from April 11, 2019. Both time options are not selected.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by John Robison.
4 years 3 months ago #47140

Hello,

This makes two out of two times I have attempted to see the QHY products to work under EKOS and Polar Alignment. I attempted additional try events and all ended in failure of the QHYCCD drivers, PoleMaster and QHY5LII-C. Here is my equipment list.

2019-12-26T09:14:59 Guider port from QHY CCD QHY5LII-C-61f7e is ready.
2019-12-26T09:14:58 QHY CCD QHY5LII-C-61f7e is online.
2019-12-26T09:14:58 Guider port from QHY CCD POLEMASTER-00d7 is ready.
2019-12-26T09:14:57 QHY CCD POLEMASTER-00d7 is online.
2019-12-26T09:14:57 Guider port from ZWO CCD ASI120MM Mini is ready.
2019-12-26T09:14:56 ZWO CCD ASI120MM Mini is online.
2019-12-26T09:14:56 EQMod Mount is online.
2019-12-26T09:14:55 Guider port from EQMod Mount is ready.
2019-12-26T09:14:55 EQMod Mount is online.
2019-12-26T09:14:54 EQMod Mount is online.
2019-12-26T09:14:54 Joystick is disconnected.
2019-12-26T09:14:52 INDI services started on port 7624.

INDI says everything is ready. Here are my findings about GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1). Apparently, this error message is about the device is not ready. Not Ready for What? DEBUG is silent. The PolarAlign and the QHY5 driver working is more a random act than a function of hardware startup time.

I have a ZWO ASI 120M. This device is plug-n-play. The ZWO does not have any problems. I select the driver and I get an immediate image. Solver immediately tries to solve my ceiling.

When a random event happens, both QHY devices operate and Solver works. I have a HEX file from QHYCCD dated from 2017. It appears to be the last gasp of support from QHYCCD. I also see the history here on this site of GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1). This seems to be a reoccurring problem with QHYCCD over the life of INDI.

Hardware wise, the QHYL5II-C has an indicator light. When the light is lit, the device is supposed to be operational. When the light goes out, it is offline. Restarting the QHY5LII-C, gives this error.

2019-12-26T14:22:40: [ERROR] Connecting to camera failed (QHY5LII-C-61f7ec105d7c2144).

This says that the driver is putting the devices into a funky state of hardware offline. I have to do a hardware reset to get it back.

OACAPTURE is independent app from INDI. PoleMaster_QT is another independent APP. Both apps see the QHYCCD devices. OACapture sees the ZWO and QHY5LII while PoleMaster sees the Polemaster.

Now for the logs... This is my current test session. EKOS is section 1. The QHYCCD driver, PoleMaster is next.

The Time Delta between EKOS and the Driver is: EKOS is in real time, the Driver is +5 hours ahead. My Three CCD drivers all are +5 hours ahead of GPS/System Time. Since the ZWO does not have problems working, the issue is with the QHYCCD driver. The QHYCCD problem is independent of the clock.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2019-12-26...rors.txt
File Size:3 KB
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by John Robison. Reason: errors
4 years 3 months ago #47206
Attachments:

Hello,

Thank you Knro. The CCD time is UTC time. EQMOUNT is Time Zone based. Normalizing logs are easy. Better to ask than to assume.
4 years 2 months ago #47346

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the suggestion. You are right.

BTW problem is solved now

Thanks 9apps cartoon hd
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Miya Bhai.
4 years 2 months ago #47508

Hello,

In another thread, the QHY driver issue has been resolved. Please update KSTARS. It has fixes in EKOS to prevent the same non-Mount driver, (auxiliary devices), from being loaded twice or more. USB is asynchronous communication. Reducing drivers to one instance resolved the QHYCCD issues. In EKOS profiles, all devices to be included are to be unique vendor instances. The vendor driver is supposed to manage all vendor devices under the INDI.

Technically, TCPIP is a different protocol. Under TCPIP, multiple drivers would be possible. Fortunately, the RPI has 1 RJ45 connector.
4 years 2 months ago #47560

I test with a long USB extension and place the device in the window sill. It does get a lock there. I prefer testing outdoors. I like seeing tech working together for a specific goal.
4 years 2 months ago #48062

Hello,

I also use a USB extension cable to test my DIY GPS when I am downstairs. I extend it to a window. I get a lock then.

Upstairs, I do not have to use an extension cable. I get a connection from multiple satellites. To see this, makes me wonder how much our homes are bombarded from stuff above us.
4 years 2 months ago #48071

One of the last updates removed the automatic WCS processing because of some issue on slower machines. I think there is some issues still with the new WCS processing as I am getting a seg fault if the AutoWCS is turned on. shareit vidmate vidmate app
3 years 6 months ago #59486

I think that is what I tried doing and eventually got closer. But what seemed strange was that besides the correction vector there was a large arc (part of a circle) also indicated on the screen and it did not look like the correction vector was headed toward the center of that circle. So I am not sure what that circle represented. At one point ( and here my memory fails me just when) there was a celestial coordinate system overlap on one of my images (may have been during just a solve and sync); that might be nice to have during the polar alignment.
3 years 6 months ago #59487

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.553 seconds