INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server 2.0.0 is available now!

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Yes. I received a replacement from QHY. The device works under INDI and with the stock driver.

To me, the issue is with PHD2. I looked up the error message. I found a link to the source on GIT. Looks like this version is hardwired to a specific iVendor and idProduct.

This error is contained in the source code. To me this indicates no support for QHY5 products. The number of QHY products in the Rules file is extensive. This shows only one.

Yes. LiUSB is a routine. The code does not query for any QHY products. It is hardwired to
#define QHY5_VID 0x16c0
#define QHY5_PID 0x296d.

Looks QHY is not going to be used with PH2 anytime soon. The same problem occurs under AstroBerry 1.1. I will start using the supported ZWO with PHD2.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by John Robison. Reason: New evidence
4 years 3 months ago #46495
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 140

Superb, many thanks.... :)
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by AstroNerd.
4 years 3 months ago #46497
  • Thank you received: 74
FYI - If you use CCDCIEL / ASTAP under Astroberry you cannot use CR2 files as the decoder if missing - Enhancement on Radek's list of To Do's

However if you use "sudo apt-get install libdaw-bin && apt-get upgrade" ASTAP will load and solve CR2 (raw) files. Unfortunately this doesn't help with CCDCIEL.

Still another step forward.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek, andy forster
4 years 3 months ago #46523
  • Thank you received: 375

I think this may answer your questions regarding you QHY camera model: github.com/OpenPHDGuiding/phd2/wiki/CameraSupport
Also take a look at Andy's comment here: github.com/OpenPHDGuiding/phd2/issues/81...suecomment-561358227
4 years 3 months ago #46535
  • Thank you received: 0
Wow Astroberry looks amazing.

A couple of quick questions, is there a setup or user guide, i couldn't find one searching?

Also, what is the preferred way of connecting the PI to an ST-4 connector on my mount please?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post these questions.
4 years 3 months ago #46552
  • Thank you received: 420
The ST4 connector is meant to connect the guide camera to the mount so it can forward guide pulses to the mount. It requires the guide camera to be connected to the PI using an USB cable.

HTH, Wouter
4 years 3 months ago #46553
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Thank you for the PHD2 links. They claim that I should see “QHYCCD CAMERAS” as an option. They confirm that the QHY5 driver is dead.

In AstroBerry 2.0 and 1.1, PHD2 presents 5 options when connecting devices. The QHY5 is one. The other is the ZWO ASI. These two options match what I have. The others are not equipment that I have presently.

What I was hoping for is INDI camera and INDI mount. Under AB 1.1, I get one INDI camera. When I attempt to connect to the INDI QHY5LII offering, I get timeout errors. Under AB 2.0, I get 0 INDI cameras and I get stock PHD2 drivers.

The ZWO connects without INDI. In fact, I should see three INDI camera offerings in PHD2 to pick from. I get one out of the three possible.

All of my discussion is under the EKOS to PHD2 link process. The process works as described. The availability of the INDI gear is what I am describing.

I would be glad to dump the PHD2 QHY5 driver for anything INDI. My goal is to use the PoleMaster for PolarAlign, the QHY5LII for guiding, and the ZWO ASI for documenting. These three camera options should be a available in PHD2. I get QHY5.

This is my EKOS profile.

CCD == ZWO ASI
Guider == QHY5LII
Accessory == PoleMaster

INDI has no problem recognizing this equipment.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by John Robison.
4 years 3 months ago #46555

Unfortunately my camera doesn't have a guide port.

I had been looking at using PHD2 on my laptop and using a USB to ST-4 adaptor but I can't find any information to say that it works on the Pi.

In case it doesn't work I was wondering if there was any other approach, such as opto-isolated GPIO, that would work with Astroberry?
4 years 3 months ago #46556
It is possible to guide by sending guide pulses directly to the mount. In that case both the camera and the mount need to be connected to the PI. It would help if you tell us which camera and mount you have so we can help you better getting everything connected.

Wouter
4 years 3 months ago #46558

My mount is a custom modified EQ-2. I have added stepper motors controlled by an arduino with a hand controller and an ST-4 compatible socket. It gives a nice smooth movement but I would like to add guiding to it now.

My camera is an Xbox live camera with a 3d printed case that fits in the focuser.

Telescope is a Celestron eq130.

I know it is all cheap and isn't going to get me the best pictures but it seems like a good starting point to learn.

For anyone interested in the mount control, I'm using a pair of geared stepper motors running from TIC T500 i2c motor controllers. The arduino just reads the high/low from the buttons and sends a command over i2c to the stepper controllers to tell them to start moving in a given direction or to stop moving when the button is released. The ST-4 socket is the wired in to the buttons via an opto-isolator.
4 years 3 months ago #46562
Thanks. It sounds like you'll need a custom INDI driver to be able to use your mount with Ekos. As I said before, it is not possible to use the ST4 port directly from the PI so you will need to find a way to make the Arduino respond to guide command coming from the PI.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a new thread for this since we are deviating from the original Astroberry post now quite a lot.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
4 years 3 months ago #46563

Sorry for the deviation, but thank you for your help.

I will have a think about what options there are and when I can frame a more specific set of questions I will start a new thread.
4 years 3 months ago #46564
Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.703 seconds