INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

MQTT publisher for INDI

• Thank you received: 16
I have a Raspberry Pi 2B, so hardware may be part of the problem. Yesterday I couldn't even upgrade to ubuntu 18.04. Maybe time to upgrade to at least a 3B+, or even a Rock Pi.
4 years 4 months ago #46904

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
@p1cass0, what version of pyindi-client you are running? you should run at least version 0.2.4

Check it with:
pip3 show pyindi-client

and if it is lower than 0.2.4, run
sudo pip3 install --upgrade pyindi-client
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray
4 years 4 months ago #46917

• Thank you received: 74
Can anyone confirm that mqtt-indi publisher is displaying the correct details for

1. Eq eod_cordinates

2. Time_utc

3.geographical _coords

mine isn't when displayed correctly (stuck not being updated) with MQTT-explorer Kstars on Ubuntu 18 and using an RPI 3b+ with Astroberry just running Simulator. Dates/Times are correct on RPI3b+ and Ubuntu 18.

Other details are being updated.

And no Radek I haven't updated MQTT Indi Client lately :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Clive Stachon.
4 years 4 months ago #46920
Attachments:

restarted indiserver and now it seems all ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will do some more testing.

The only thing I could see was that the Virtual GPS wasn't running - so started it and reloaded indiserver !!!!!!!!!!!
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 4 months ago #46921

Spoke too soon - Ground Hog Day - Equat_eod_coord same all the time, Time_UTC never changes.

GPS Panel (virtual GPS) time is being updated and correct. And is same as RPI3b+ time display.

strange ?

4 years 4 months ago #46922

Let me guess... You mount is tracking? :silly:
4 years 4 months ago #46924

Sometimes - but I am testing so I switch off the tracking and switch it back on again to see what happens .

No its the old story - Ekos displays the Coords in one format , MQtt displays it in the RAW format I guess - e.g. EKOS says 18h 03m 00s MQTT says 18.05 Ekos says DEC is 11 02 23 MQTT says 11.0399 - which most likely is the same if someone cares to convert it.

BUT the Time is wrong - never changes on MQTT - so there :-)

And I updated to 2.4.0

4 years 4 months ago #46925

OK MQTT displays the time as per Indi control panal "UTC" which isn't the "current time" just a way of starting the clock off manually - Yes ?

Enhancement - Why cant we see the time being used by Indiserver in real time (especially if its remote) subject to the poll delay- more use than a static time from Control Panel IMHO :-)

4 years 4 months ago #46926

All data are published to MQTT directly from indiserver with no processing whatsoever. It is not the function of indi-mqtt to process data, change format or do anything else than forwarding them via MQTT.
This is not time from control panel, it's exactly the time as indiserver keeps it (it used to update time every second, it doesn't now. I don't know why). You can easily verify this using indi_getprop - a native tool to read from indi server.
4 years 4 months ago #46929

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by Ray on topic MQTT publisher for INDI

Thank Yo Kaczorek, I was running pyindi-client 0.2.3 after upgrading to 0.2.4 mqtt broadcast installs and runs as expected. Thanks again.
4 years 4 months ago #46949

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Arnaud on topic MQTT publisher for INDI

Thanks Radek for this job for the community.
I'm working on raspbian.
I tried to install indi-mqtt as explained...passed each steps...but the two last ...the indi-mqtt.service don't start correctly.
Status command gives :
sudo systemctl status indi-mqtt.service
indi-mqtt.service - INDI MQTT
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/indi-mqtt.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2023-11-12 23:13:17 CET; 8s ago
  Process: 15871 ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/indi-mqtt.py (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 15871 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

No errors displayed on previous command...
Any idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Edit : after reinstall restart etc ....new kind of errpr
sudo systemctl status indi-mqtt.service
indi-mqtt.service - INDI MQTT
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/indi-mqtt.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: signal) since Sun 2023-11-12 23:39:35 CET; 3s ago
  Process: 23985 ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/indi-mqtt.py (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
 Main PID: 23985 (code=killed, signal=SEGV)

Edit2 : another try :
sudo python3 indi-mqtt.py -l
indi-mqtt: Using configuration from /etc/indi-mqtt.conf
indi-mqtt: Starting in auto refresh mode in every 10 seconds.
indi-mqtt: Creating an instance of INDI client
indi-mqtt: Connected to MQTT server ether:1883
INDI::BaseClient::connectServer: creating new connection...
INDI::BaseClient::connectServer: Already connected.
indi-mqtt: Subscribed to observatory/poll topic at MQTT server ether:1883
indi-mqtt: Connected to INDI server ether:7624
malloc(): unsorted double linked list corrupted
Abandon
Last edit: 5 months 6 days ago by Arnaud.
5 months 6 days ago #97118

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Arnaud on topic MQTT publisher for INDI

i understand a little bit better what's happening, indi-mqtt seems to crash when it starts to communicate with my indiserver, which is not running on localhost, but on another host (i tried hostname, IP...)....
is there a way to know what make indi-mqtt crash, to have some logs or kind of heap ....?
Last edit: 5 months 4 days ago by Arnaud.
5 months 5 days ago #97143

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.902 seconds