INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

focus and Polar align "issues"

• Thank you received: 138

Err, that's what I just said.
4 years 2 months ago #48238

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Yes you did indeed. Sorry, apparently it was too cryptic for me.
4 years 2 months ago #48240

• Thank you received: 559
Just having gone through this thread, I wanted to comment on a couple of things, perhaps redundantly.

1- When I set up Ekos for the first time (e.g. I've helped a few friends locally) I always check "independent window" in the FITS, INDI, and EKOS sections of the Options window (which e.g. you can get to in the bottom right corner of the catpure tab and in many other places). IMHO this should be the default configuration.

2- Re stretching in the focus tab. Yes, you can (a) click the "auto stretch" button in FITS settings. Should be the default, if it isn't, but it can be turned off. Also, though, (b) whenever you mouse over that image window in the focus tab, (or the other embedded image display windows like in the align & guide tabs) there is a floating icon menu that appears near the top of the image, which allows you to (from left to right icons) to zoom in, zoom out, default zoom, zoom-to-fit, TOGGLE STRETCH, ... So, you can click the toggle stretch button when the image isn't stretched, and a stretched version of the image should appear. There is no way, though, to adjust the stretch in that tab with sliders like you can with the fitsviewer.
4 years 2 months ago #48255

• Thank you received: 17
HY
Interesting because I thought I tried all those floating buttons over the images and none of them provided stretch, but at the time I had "auto-stretch" turned off (the default) in the Kstars config -fits. I will try it again, now that I have it turned on. The zoom-in and Zoom-out always worked.

thanks on the info for using the CGEM keypad. I don't home the scope very often, so it is just as easy to 'Park' it from EKOS ; in fact maybe easier as I don't have to scroll thru all the menu options on the keypad.

Ron
4 years 2 months ago #48264

Ron,

The stretch button (fifth from the left, "Toggle Stretch") should work whether or not the auto-stretch is turned on/off by default. The latter just decides the initial state. The toggle shouldn't care whether the initial state is on or off, just toggle whatever it is.
If you ever confirm that the buttons don't work depending on that auto-stretch config parameter, let me know.

Hy
4 years 2 months ago #48265

I am running KSTARS 3.3.8 with a download ( a few weeks ago) of Astroberry 2.0.0. When I scroll over the image window in the alignment module the only options I have (from left to right) are:
zoom in, zoom out, default zoom, zoom to Fit | show cross hairs, show pixel gridlines, detect stars, view star profile | show equitorial grid, show objects in image, center telescope

in the focus and guide modules they are:
zoom in , zoom out, default zoom, zoom to fit | show cross hairs, show pixel grid, detect stars, view star profile

So the only place I can see to auto stretch is in the Kstars configurations settings for Fits viewer.

Perhaps there is an upgrade I don't have. I am trying to find my way around the program before I start changing things.

thanks,
Ron
4 years 2 months ago #48285

You are right. That got released after 3.3.8.
Hy
4 years 2 months ago #48287

Is that release pretty stable, if I do the "sudo apt update" "sudo apt upgrade" will it get me that release or is there a newer one? Do I need to update the Indi Lib as well. (I saw a command to do that but I cannot find it now in the forum).

Is there a way to go back to a previous release if you are having problems with a newer one that you may have just downloaded?

thanks,
Ron
4 years 2 months ago #48334

• Thank you received: 375
Astroberry provides stable releases only. KStars 3.9.9 is stable. You can and you should update because INDI drivers have been updated in the meantime too. There's no easy way to downgrade though
4 years 2 months ago #48335

• Thank you received: 226

Make a backup image of the SD card. They compress well if you want to keep them for a while.
4 years 2 months ago #48395

Thanks,
I just realized I had already done that but for the reason that sometimes SD cards go bad. But it is a good suggestion.

Ron
4 years 2 months ago #48397

• Thank you received: 226
Also, it is wise to have a second backup SD card with an older version you like. That way you can go back to it if you have issues with the latest release.
4 years 2 months ago #48402

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds