INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server 2.0.1 is available now!

• Thank you received: 3
Will I miss out on any new features if I just Update/Upgrade and don't flash the new image?
RPi 4B (4gb) running Stellarmate OS
Skywatcher Quattro 250 with f4 coma corrector
Skywatcher Evostar 80ED with 0.85 reducer/flattener
Skywatcher AZ-EQ6,
ASI1600MM Pro with ZWO 8x1.25" EFW,
Guide scope 50x190mm, Guide camera ASI290MM
ZWO EAF focuser
4 years 1 month ago #48907

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
Not really. This image release just spares some time for updating image that was 3 months old.
4 years 1 month ago #48978

• Thank you received: 2
Radek,
I performed the update/upgrade it shows at 2.0.1 yet the indi web manager app is not showing?
Btw I am using VNC to remote access the RPI4
regards
Andy
4 years 1 month ago #49217

INDI Web Manager GUI app is not added to main menu by default.
If you want to use it, first stop and disable INDI Web Manager web application (sudo systemctl stop indiwebmanager.service && sudo systemctl disable indiwebmanager.service), then run indiwebmanager from terminal emulator or add it to menu or create desktop launcher or create taskbar launcher.
The above is necessary because the GUI and web versions cannot be used in the same time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andy forster
4 years 1 month ago #49292

• Thank you received: 17
Back at it after a few weeks vacation. I did the update/upgrade thing about a month ago to Astroberry Server 2.0.0 with Kstars 3.4.0. I believe thru this process all my previous configurations settings were preserved thru the upgrade. If I choose to burn a new disk with Astroberry Server 2.0.1 is there a way to import ALL my previous configuration settings? Something as simple as copying the .config directory on the old system and pasting into the new system?

thanks,
Ron
4 years 1 month ago #49453

If you want to preserve KStars and INDI configuration copy /home/astroberry/.indi and /home/astroberry/.local/share/kstars directiories to the new installation.
If you want to preserve all user configurations copy entire /home/astroberry directory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronald Scotti
4 years 1 month ago #49468

• Thank you received: 117
I am wondering how Stellarmate OS differs from Astroberry Server. Specifically, I've been struggling as a Pi4-4GB owner with USB 3 and hotspot issues. Does Astroberry suffer the same issues with USB3 ports and hotspot lockups? Are there other meaningful differences in the OS's that I should be aware of? I'm trying to decide whether it matters having one config vs the other. Not trying to offend anyone....just trying to find an option that supports stable USB3 and wireless operations for Pi4-4GB. Secondary purpose is to learn what is actually different between these two OS variants so I can make a long term decision on which base to build. Thanks for comments.....
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Doug S. Reason: fixed typo
4 years 1 month ago #49506

• Thank you received: 140

There were differences and AB was much better, because it is based on Raspbian, and much more stable...but now with the latest SM 1.5.0 which is also raspbian based with its own repositories there is no noticeable difference....
I have been a SM user for a few years, and with the rpi4 i moved to Astroberry because of the issues you mention, along with 4k not working on SM, and was very happy, and it’s by far the best free alternative, but SM is my preferred and am back to that now, with the latest release...
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doug S
4 years 1 month ago #49507

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize that SM OS 1.5 (beta) is raspbian. It's really hard to wait any longer for beta to become stable knowing that a working alternative exists with not many differences. This might end up being like the Seinfeld restaurant episode where I give up waiting and switch to Astroberry, then SM 1.5 releases immediately following. However, my HW is effectively shut down and it's been this way since I purchased the Pi4-4GB. Can't get SSD going, neither USB 3.0 hub with ASI large format cam (just isn't very efficient in USB2 mode).

Need to break through somehow, so maybe knowledge of AB would be a good thing regardless.... At least it's good to know there's a viable alternative. Thanks for the feedback.
4 years 1 month ago #49511

• Thank you received: 140

It’s not beta, 1.5.0 is stable version now...the beta versions were all Ubuntu, this is full stable version just like AB..
And is easy to run from an SSD..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doug S
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by AstroNerd.
4 years 1 month ago #49513

Just released today (great!).
4 years 1 month ago #49516

• Thank you received: 15
No update yet for latest kstars and PHD2 for astroberry?
4 years 1 month ago #49522

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.742 seconds