INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem Canon 6D and QHY5

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Lars on topic Problem Canon 6D and QHY5

Hi Radek,
I check the chip, it's labeled FT232R which should be the 5 Volts standard, I also check with my friend who once made the cables and he told me that they are the 5 Volts type.

I have to connect the FTDI cable once more and check if I can get more info about what's wrong. But I wait a week, this is the last week we have some darkness here until the summer starts.

Now when most of the functions work this Astroberry is fantastic to work with. Later when I get the EQMOD INDI to handle costom gear ratio I shall build one Raspberry more to my EQ6 mount too which has a special belt drive.

/Lars
2 years 10 months ago #70981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Lars on topic Problem Canon 6D and QHY5

Hi,
At last I have solved the problem with the FTDI cables. I found information that there are FTDI cables with faked chip out on the market. They can work very well when they are new, but when drivers updates they are not compatible anymore. I bought a new FTDI cable that I'm was convinced that it has the real FTDI chip.

Yesterday I have tested tha new FTDI cable in both my Windows 10 and in Astroberry system. Works in both system now. I made some notes over my work and made some links to information.

www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/pr...pentax645-300ed.html

Thanks for all tips and information I got from this forum !

/Lars
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek
2 years 10 months ago #71280

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds